The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 161/1000

Yohler

No pics today, but she's alive. ECM Link is in and going, C&M turbo back exhaust is on, and all of the heinous work with removing the 4WS is done. While it doesn't sound like much it's definitely a milestone for me because of how much time it took to get all of that completed.

She started up on the first try no problem after sitting for 3 months and the odyssey battery turned the car over no issues, which I was concerned about. Starting her for the first time in months revealed a leaky heater core hose and I'll have to order those. I was monitoring the coolant temp in link and it got to around 200* and the radiator fan never kicked on. Did I not give it enough time or should it have started by that point?

jrtech

I am not speaking from experience here, but I believe the data PID you see in ECMlink is ECT which remains higher temp than what the radiator fan switch in the radiator measures to turn on (around 185). Condenser fan thermo switch is 212.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned