The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 161/1000

thomcasey

And nuts/bolts are much better than zip-ties and Velcro.

Yohler

My original plan was to mount it and insulate it with plastic or nylon bolts and forgo the zip ties. There many DSM/GVR4 guys down in Indy? Most of my family lives on the north side, maybe I'll take 161 down for a trip.

thomcasey

There are a few of us. Me, My 2nd oldest has a 90 Auto TSI AWD converted to manual and my middle son has 543/2000. At 1 point, 4 of my 5 sons all had DSM/MMC/CSM's. There used to be many more. There are a couple other guys but me and the boys make up a majority of the scene.

OldHairyBastard

There's plenty of us in the Chicagoland area. It's just picking a date where we can all get together at the same time.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Yohler:
My original plan was to mount it and insulate it with plastic or nylon bolts and forgo the zip ties. There many DSM/GVR4 guys down in Indy? Most of my family lives on the north side, maybe I'll take 161 down for a trip.

Yo, Yohler:

meet opportunity

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
OK, cool. Just wanted to make sure you had seen it.

strokin4dr

Quoting thomcasey:
At 1 point, 4 of my 5 sons all had DSM/MMC/CSM's.

Badass! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PolskiVR4

Good to see another one so close. I'm in Lemont.

mitsuturbo

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Quoting mitsuturbo:

Oh, and thank you to GSTwithPSI for the honorable mention above. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

New goodies are going on 555/1000 in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, well some of us whore our cars out too much, and others not enough. You and Sluggs both need to get out of the latter category, IMO.

Well, my car is STUCK in its garage bay currently because my parents moved up here from NV recently and their giant travel trailer is parked in front of my 3rd bay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Oh well. Keeps me from taking it out and beating on it. It's just waiting for the new stuff to get here so i can put it on.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I am about to install some Technafit brake lines just as you have pictured, but for a different chassis (same connections minus the 1/8x27NPT fitting on the Wilwood caliper).

Yohler, questions for you.

How did you get the technafit fittings to mate into the holes on the metal tab at the body and on the strut bracketry where they are held in with the horse shoe clips?

Did you grind down the tabs that provide the 2x extra girth for the fitting to keep from rotating once inserted into the hole?

Reason I ask, is because the factory style horshoes have too small of an internal diameter/U-shape to fit the Technafit lines.

Also, the fittings won't fully seat into the tabs because they are physically wider in the machined channel than stock lines fittings. (Horseshoe grooves).

If you could elaborate, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ninja edit before my thoughts even had me pressing the Add Reply button; parts answer my own question.

Are these the horseshoe clips you ordered, that fit all of their end fittings that a Mitsubishi would use?

Brake Line Clip

Yohler

The lines are from JNZ tuning, everything bolted right in without any fuss, retainer clips and all (which came with the lines). click

Yohler

Spent a little time in the garage. Brakes have been bled, clutch has been bled. Also got the battery in the car at the expense of having to start removing the 4ws and nobody was lying when they called that the messiest job ever.

thomcasey

That it is for sure. I kinda cheated on mine. I left the HP lines on the rack. I just drained the system for a couple days, left some metal line after the rubber flex fitting, crushed them and welded them shut. They hold and don't leak with the PS filled and working and it helped me avoid messing with the rack to remove the lines.

Yohler

That would be nice if I had a welder. Not there yet so I went with some AN adapters with caps. Then hopefully I can take this thing for a cruise.

Yohler

Well not much work on the turd the last several weeks, just been too busy and I hope to get back at it in the next few days. I got the ECU back from ECM Tuning and she's all repaired, chipped, and ready to go along with a few other small parts. There will be a good amount to update over the next few weeks if all goes according to plan and I stop working like they own me.

Anyone ever have issues with DSM graveyard? bought a DSM power steering reservoir from them two weeks ago since it was $10, and other than an order confirmation I've got nothing to show for it. Also, anyone ever use a freeze plug to cover the hole in the diff left from removing the pump? Seems to be popular way for the 3S guys to do it and I'm not ready to throw the 4 bolt in there at this point.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned