The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner - 1211/2000

Thanks Ryan - I'll recheck

EDIT - Just went out and cranked it again to see...the tach doesn't move, so it looks like it is the CAS.

Last edited by a moderator:

cheekychimp

So come on let us in on how good a deal this is. If it is only a wonky CAS that is the problem, then how much did you pay for
this mint car?

I don't know if it was a good deal or not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I will say it was worth it to me for the condition and mileage - does that count /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I paid $3K for it.

MitchooO

I'd say thats decent for the mileage/shape of the car! if its only a CAS, i only paid 800 for mine with no turbo setup and he thought it had crankwalk...but all that turned up to be was a rotted crank pulley /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Wish I could have bought one for that! Like I said though, happy with price:condition ratio /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hertz

Staff member
Yeah, you did good!

BTW, check that ECU and post pics or I will continue to hound you.

gmp

welcome looks to be a sweet find even not running. I think alot of us here could say they bought a vr4 not running if there's a will there's a way.

Thanks!

Well I did a compression test this morning...

#1 - 150
#2 - 149
#3 - 150
#4 - 152

Very pleased with the results.

Yes Ryan - I will get the ECU out! HAHA

GVR-4

Nice find! Make sure the plug wires are on correctly too. I would start with the simple/cheap things regarding troubleshooting. I'll bet you have that thing running for less than $100!

Oh, and in case nobody mentioned it, check the 3 capacitors that go bad on the ECU! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I pulled the ECU today. I lucked out I think - it's an eprom! **EDIT - I guess all VR4s have eproms LOL ** It looks brand new, no leaking, no marks on the board, nothing. I had a rebuilt eprom a couple years ago for my GSX and it was as clean this one is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts