The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Member!!

nemovr4

Hello.
Just got my first GVR4 (835/1000). Currently not running...basically the Clutch won't disengage. Thats a problem for another post so I won't go there. Very New to the DSM world...if thats correct. its been Honda's and the hated HID'S, ebay turbos, ghetto slammed cars...Figured its time to grow up and this is the car to do it.
Small list of modifications done:
I moved the air filter forward to where the battery normally sits (and moved the battery to the trunk)
I use a lazy-Z pipe to carry the air to the turbo. The turbo is a standard 16g
BOV was replaced recently.
Standard throttle body. Port-matching and cleanup of intake manifold runners
Ported head HKS 264 Intake cam HKS 272 exhaust cam Standard valves, pistons
Port-matching to the exhaust manifold Cleanup in exhaust manifold/bypass valve
2 1/2" dia Stainless steel exhaust Large capacity catalyst

Has adjustable fuel-pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge, wide-band O2 sensor 2 position boost pressure control (I disconnected it from the system to simplify finding air leaks)
Pictures soon..

LIV4PSI

Welcome to the .org

DSM is not technically correct, I'll get that out of the way. GVR4s came from Japan, and the VIN plays says Mitsubishi and not DSM. Although that's splitting hairs as far as I'm concerned. Its basically a DSM with more headaches because the 4WS and rare body/interior parts.

nemovr4

Yeah wasn't really sure about that. Thanks for the clarification.

LIV4PSI

People get their panties in bunch over the whole DSM thing for 2 reasons

1. They want to make sure there is differentiation because GVR4s are rare and we want them to become collectible and appreciate in value.

2. There is something referred to around here as a 4 door DSM mentality. It basically consists of everything you are trying to reform yourself from /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Now post some pics up of your G ride!

G

Staff member

nemovr4

Awesome link, thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GVR47111K

Denver, ahuhhhhhhhhh!

JCorbo25

Welcome, sounds like a nice build going.

nemovr4

Denver!
Its coming along just need to work on a new clutch...and fix a boost leak (I think)
And she will be back and ready to pick up the groceries.

5OF2k

Another CO member, LOVE IT!!

nemovr4

Its awesome to see so many CO members on here! Filled full of info! Thanks for
the warm welcome!

GSX_TC

welcome to the ORG. you on Facebook?

nemovr4

Can any of you Colorado guys refer me to some shops in denver that I could get
my clutch fixed and get a tune??

onesickcrx

Welcome to the forum... Sounds like you got a nice little setup going so far

Gmoney1983

Quoting nemovr4:
Can any of you Colorado guys refer me to some shops in denver that I could get
my clutch fixed and get a tune??

Not sure about the clutch, but you could try carz performance for tuning. I talked with them about it and there prices ate fairly reasonable. They said they tune using mostly dsmlink. They are just east of Wadsworth on 13th. They do mostly dsm/evo stuff, I'd go check them out. Pretty cool guys and very knowledgeable.

nemovr4

Right on, thanks Gmoney. I talked to the guys at racing trenz and they wanted 600+ for
a tune...but I will call carz its close. Appreciate the info man!

5OF2k

Absolutely STAY AWAY from Trenz, i swear their shop is ran by rere monkeys. All theyll wind up doing is charging you a TON of money, goving you a crap tune, then not standing by their work when (yes, WHEN) your motor eats itself.

If youre up for a drive, i STRONGLY recommend giving either Jeremy at Servion Tuning/Revolutions performance or Jack/Kevin at Jack's Transmissions a call. The guys at Jacks have been building and tuning DSMs/4G63 cars since before most of us were able to drive, and Jeremy is an all out EFI tuning GOD, with more fast and lasting cars tuned by him than you would believe humanly possible.

Granted, it'd take a drive to the Springs, but IMHO, more than worth it. I'll poke around with a few of my buddies as far as a place to get your clutch replaced goes and get back to you too.

Hole that helps!

-Jake

Gmoney1983

Is trenz really that bad? That's no good, my buddy was going to use them to have his boosted accord tuned. I'll have to make sure I let him know to steer clear. I bought an intake from them way back when for my cavalier, they didn't seem that bad. Guess things do tend to change over the years.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned