The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New member rerx7

ktmrider

Quoting rerx7:
Honda fanboy? That actually made me laugh lol. Ok, well lets examine something. Does the 4g63t come in the galant? Will drivetrain from a 1g fit? So yes to me that means its part dsm if dsm parts(trans, diff) fit it. Apparently im not the only one on this board that feels this way. Thats fine you dnt see it like that. Its merely my opinion.

Hey by this view your FC is really a REPU ( Rotary Engine Pick Up )! And the 4th gen Camaro is really a Corvette! Oh crap I may have just given mods a new nickname for ya.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW welcome to the site, just ball busting like the others....

LIV4PSI

How about you find a nice REPU, and I will trade you for my GVR4? I would also take an RX3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

ktmrider

Quoting rerx7:
Find me a REPU and i will leave your vr4's alone. Lol

One in CO with 68k miles and original owner!!!!

On the drivetrain-makes-them-the-same theme note I did a CL global search, numerous RX's came up listing REPU motor swaps LOL.

LIV4PSI

I thought REPUs came with a 12a engine like the FBs?

No. It came with a 13b 4 barrel carb'd engine. Actually a nice match for the truck. Had really low gears as well.

ktmrider

Quoting rerx7:
Yea the n/a 13b is basically the same. Damn 68k miles!!!

No doubt, had to read it twice to be sure. Original owner too.

Read up on the engine options, like you posted the 13b was a nice upgrade on older 12b lumps. Reminded me of a MX-3 hatch I had, 1.8L V6 equipped but you could drop the JDM 2.5L motor in with little fanfare and bump HP by 70 ponies! Even the USDM 2.5L was a good upgrade, +40hp IIRC.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned