The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New member rerx7

Dr1665- great post and very insightful. 4 door dsm'ers i believe you are referring to ricers. Whinch in anycase are the bane of the car world. However i have not one dillusion of 1% of people knowing what it actually is. Most will think,including younger kids, that its just a nice old galant. Which imo is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

G

Staff member
I've never seen a 4 door dsm before.

Vr4junkie

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif same here I have seen a 4 Door MMC

Vr4junkie

Were just busting your balls we just dont like to call them DSM around here these are technically MMC if you ever check one out you'll see on the windows you'll see the MMC logal I would post a pic but I'm out of town at the moment .

BpuVR4

Quoting rerx7:
However i have not one dillusion of 1% of people knowing what it actually is. Most will think,including younger kids, that its just a nice old galant. Which imo is nice.

I just had an NSX ride my tail on a near empty highway last night in the right lane. I've had guys walk up to me at red lights, as well as had someone wake me up from my very nice nap in the car to talk to me about my car (albeit he had a Galant GSX). First week I had this one, had someone offer to buy it on the spot in a parking lot. I ditched the idea these cars are super stealth anymore- unless debadged. Real car guys know what they are...and to be honest, it's better attention than what my Mustang and RoadRunner used to get.

Last edited by a moderator:

What im saying is that 99% of people wont know what it is but car people will know. I honestly wouldnt know unless i saw the badge.

G

Staff member
dsm badge?

James

It's really f***ing simple. They weren't made by diamond star motors. I don't understand the issue here.

Welcomes to the site.

I never said they were. I just said i consider them to be. Oh well, thanks for the welcome.

LIV4PSI

This thread is funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP, glad to hear I was right about the RX7. I went through a few FDs, but never got any of them past JSB status. I consider parting my STI out alot, and buying an FD. I have always wanted a chaste white base model.

Love fd's. The fc jus has that old skool flava lol. I didnt really get into my evo like i thought i would.

I never get tired if this lol. People calling them Dsm and you guys ripping them apart. I was a victim of this ignorance between Dsm and MMC. On my newb intro. Love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

fuel

Quoting raptorreed:
Quoting citymunky:
That fact is the GVR4 (6th Gen Galant's point) came 1st. DSM's just borrow the drivetrain.

Exactly.
E38A/E39A chassis GVR4 = '87-92, 1G DSM = '89-94
Galants were not only the first Mitsus to get the DOHC variant of the g63, but the first g63t powered car was the '81 Galant Eterna GSR. Our VR4s are more less the base models compared to the facelift RSs, Monte Carlo edition, and RS Evolution spec (real Evo 0).

It was 1980 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But you did me proud! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

Quoting jertech:
I never get tired if this lol. People calling them Dsm and you guys ripping them apart. I was a victim of this ignorance between Dsm and MMC. On my newb intro. Love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

It all because we hope the rarity and collect-ability of our cars will make them appreciate from being worth $3,000 up to maybe $4,500 someday. And that will never happen if people call them DSMs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

James

I don't even care about the value. It's just the simple fact that's its wrong.
A...

Apple is not a orange
Square is not a circle
Leg is not a head
Nissan is not a ford
Galant is not a dsm

desant78

^he has a point. I am not one for aggressive corrective actions most members take to noobs, but a fact is a fact. DSM's are built in the USA, MMC is built in Japan. Your galant was shipped over seas. I don't correct the general public, but on a place that worships the gvr4...we tend to get that fact correct.

Anyway, welcome to the Fray!

LIV4PSI

You guys are way too serious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned