The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New GV4 Owner 900/2000 New Jersey

Turbotrix

if you using it now sense to pull i trust good members here....So i put about 180 miles yesterday and played around with MAFT and it def responds to input i got the car pull crazy hard all the way up to 22 psi but idle suks ass big time,Cant wait till my ECM Link arrives and i can turn the car to SD and finally i can have PC control and data log
to see WTF is going on...Also ordered innovate Wide band as i hear AEM had some issues
Also got some parts from Vibrant to make my own Manifold..Has anyone in community tried Comp Turbos?Most likely i will end up with trusty S Series from Borg

Last edited:

Turbotrix

DSMGV4 you are same age as me lol
I had been using turbotrix name back in early 90's 2 years before TurboTrix opened doors in Edison,I used that name on honda forums (yes i was an old ricer back in the day)Had first B series swap in area and one of the first turbocharged hondas is the country time moves on but always wanted GVR4 ever since i remember but was head over hills working and building hondas and other projects

Turbotrix

Messed with my car today i was able to finally get it to descent without stalling 1000/1200 rpms and car pulls so much better now,problem was small vacuum leak and some tweaks to MAF Translator,cant wait to see how the car will work on SD
If anyone is looking for some wheels/tires i want to get rid of my 18" ACR's ,Good tires and 5th Spare same wheel...Looking for 15's so i can wrap them in Drag radials also need 5 lug conversion,can anyone tell me exacly what i need and if i can buy it new from Rock auto parts/?

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Just had a look over the outside of your TB in your photos.

Appears there was no wire attached to the idle stop switch - single prong without a wire.
There should be a right angle tab/strap that connects one of the TB bolts/nuts at the top, to a small phillips head screw on the TB (likely the only small threaded hole on top of the TB).
Also, as a good measure, installing the missing rubber cap onto the BISS screw (idle air bypass screw) helps things just in case.
While you are there, refreshing the O-ring for the BISS, and replacing the TB seals with new high boost models will do just the trick.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned