The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New guys

turbofonz

I actually have a buddy that's been trying to get rid of a Baer/Cobra front brake kit if you or anyone is interested.

Disrupter

I picked up a cheap set of 3kvr4 calipers because I wanted to powder coat them for my 3000gt. I will likely use those since I picked them up for a very good deal.

Disrupter

I have some wheels on my vr4 that would work (SSR GT7's), but would require a 5 lug swap. Not sure if I would like that look on the Galant though, want to keep it period correct but with a bit more girth and meat on it. I know there aren't a lot of 4 lug options available or even if they exist in the non-knock-off brands.

Disrupter

will look for some 17x8's that people recommend with BBKs. Id rather use what I have boxed up from the 3000gt than buy more stuff lol.

slugsgomoo

i think mitsuturbo found that the 3kgt brakes didn't fit under the 17x8 +35 5zigen FN01R-C wheels (spoke clearance) whereas my 6 piston wilwoods clear just fine. They are very big calipers and require careful wheel choice to ensure clearance.

mitsuturbo

3kgtvr4 calipers with cobra 13" rotors most definitely DO fit behind Evo 8 wheels and they definitely DO NOT fit behind 5zigen FN01R-C 17x8@35. I managed to shave them down until they "fit", but you couldn't get a business card between the caliper and spoke on the wheel. I figured any sort of deflection whatsoever in the wheel bearing area would have wound up being a catastrophic event, so i swapped parts and got rid of the calipers, rebuild kits, brackets and slotted/dimpled rotors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think Baer calipers would have fit though, since they're only huge on the back side. Rather than screw with all that, I'll be picking up a set of Wilwoods sometime in the next few weeks, most likely.

Disrupter

I currently have some SSR gt7 wheels off my 3000gt that will work since they currently clear the calipers. I do like the fnorc1 wheels so I may get them for my 3000gt in 18x9.5s. Also have a chance to get some work emotion wheels in 18x9. I don't know if we will like the look of the gt7 on the gvr4

Rudeboy

Awesome find . Just found 1272 and it runs great. 155 compression test all across. No grinds.

Disrupter

Congrats! Been looking for an ecu still and found one on the forum, but a quick question.

Ive been searching for Federal ECU vs. Cali spec. I know a Cali spec ecu in a federal car will throw codes due to lack of EGR, however my question is will it be enough to get the car started so I can test compression? I am sure I will have no problem, but again I am a newb and want to be sure. Want to get the car running before going forward and spending money on standalone or flashecu/dsmlink setup.

tektic

If you just need to see if it runs it will work. But like you said it will throw a code for a egr temp sensor. You should be getting an eprom ecu preferably socketed. The software can be changed to force federal mode.

Disrupter

So car has POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!.... kinda

Except it wont start... we changed the oil, connected battery, and added some fuel and when we tried to turn the car on we had a very faint clicking noise. Got super cold so we had to give up on further diagnosing. Going to take the starter and alternator out and get them tested. Also no clutch pressure and looks like the master is shot. It was exciting to see the lights turn on and the windows accidentally go down. 1 step forward and a few back lol.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned