The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Guy #90/2000 (NJ)

dustyduff

Hey guys. I've been on the boards a few weeks browsing, but I just picked up a 91' VR4 (#90/2000). The car doesn't have any badges, but Iceman was gracious enough to look up the vin for me to identify the car. I'm coming from DSM's after just wasting a year & a half trying to make a unique 1g (Euro conversion), but after waiting on paint (which didn't turn out how I expected) I decided to sell the car. I've always wanted a VR4, so I figured I would pick one up.

Here's a picture of my abandoned project:

IMG_3924.jpg

I picked the car up locally, but the car used to belong to a few members on here (i.e. squintz13, breal81vr4
& ScherzDaddy).

Mod List:

Block:
2.3 stroker
6 bolt block
Manley I beams
Wiseco pistons
Balance shafts removed
ARP main studs

Head:
L19 Headstuds
Revised lifters
280/280 BC Cams
Crower springs
Crower titanum retainers
Magnus Sheetmetal Intake Manifold
Magnus intake barrier gasket

Drivetrain:
ACT 2600 clutch
Fidanza flywheel
SS clutch line

Turbo:
FP Race mani (coated)
FP3565 (35r in an FP housing)
FP 2.5" o2 housing
3" Turbo back exhaust
Tial 44mm wastegate
Tial BOV
FMIC - 12×24x3.5 bar & plate core
2.5in. IC piping

Fuel:
1000cc injectors
Rewired Walbro 255 (GS341)
Aeromotive 1000-6 AFPR
-6 SS line with AN fittings from Pump to Filter
-6 SS line from Filter to Rail
-6 SS line from Rail to AFPR

Engine management:
DSM Link v2.5
GM 3" MAF
MAF-T Translator
BoostX C.O.P. setup
Battery relocated to rear
PLX M-300 WB02
Optima Redtop in rear.

Suspension:
Forget what kind of springs
KYB AGX adjustable struts
Whiteline front/ rear strutbars
SS Brake lines
5 Lug conversion
4 bolt rear

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg

I purchased the car with a spun bearing, however I have a few parts laying around from my abandoned DSM build. I have a 2.0L block (manley I beam rods & manley pistons) and a DogboxRacing (the company) race trans ready to go in. I plan on utilizing most of the setup, but I'll have a few changes I plan on making.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being a member on the board.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Then I shall say welcome.

NYC86ZC

Hola. I think I've seen that gvr4 on CL for a while now. It looks very clean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

frank1

very nice set up

dustyduff

Yeah, I picked the car up on craiglist in central NJ for quite a bit less than the guy was asking. The car did have a salvage title at one point in its life, and it also has some front end damage from the previous owners hitting a deer. The damage was fixed, but it's far from a perfect job. Once I get the motor out, I'm going to send it to the body shop and try to get it fixed right. The car was also resprayed white, but doesn't reflect in the pictures due to it being dirty. It looks pretty clean in person.

Don't worry, I'm not going overboard like I did with my 1g Euro Conversion. This will just be a typical VR4 build with a little bit of aesthetic looks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned