The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need Help

dmj

So I took 3 days off work to upgrade my car.Today I installed a new MHI evo 3 turbo , injectors ,evo 8 mas and a stage 3 ecm that was chipped by Keydiver.after installation about 12.10 am this morning the car started fine I let it idle for about 15 mins while checking for fluid leaks etc I then tried to rev engine to about 1,500 rpm and the engine just died , it will not restart. the engine won't turn over, no check engine. oil ,alt or any engine function lights at all, Horn and lights are ok.Key on acc does not function So no radio . Battery is fine.What should I be looking at?All ideas welome.

Terry Posten

The starter does not spin or the motor cranks but wont fire?

There are 4 large fuses that hang off the battery, check these.

dmj

I found problem Ignition fuse blown in main fuse box. do I need to check for a short to ground or is this normal with these cars?

Terry Posten

There is a large plug/harness that runs directly over the passengerside frame rail from the battery area into the cabin. That plug can become unplugged just a little and you will lose starter and a bunch more.

Make sure that plug is fully seated.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts