The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help deciding on intake routing!?!

CarRacer

That looks good. Props on keeping the fog lights too. Those empty holes look funky if you ditch them.

The battery I got at Walmart for $24.99. It's a lawn mower battery. I've had it for a few years now & it only died when I let it sit for months without starting it. Charged it back up for 20 mins & it's rock solid.

I also have the same battery in my wife's 99 5 series bmw. The bmw battery took a dump so I yanked the one out of my car & put it in. My wife drives 40mins each way to & from work & I thought for sure this battery would have died by now but it's holding it's own.

Batteries can be tempermental & the same brand & type will sometimes get you different life span. Here in the summer heat is a good way to test how well a battery will hold up.

Last edited by a moderator:

fivestardsm

Quoting CarRacer:
That looks good. Props on keeping the fog lights too. Those empty holes look funky if you ditch them.

Yeah, I want to keep the stock apperance of everything. Granted, I might have changed my mind on the whole stock apperance if the car had ever been hacked on or modified. The fogs are shot, but I will get a pair someday. Im not really looking for a set right now because its just not as important to spend the money on them until I can afford them.

Garfield, would you happen to know what the part # on the battery is? If not, no big deal.

Struc

You could move your washer bottle and do it like the ETS kit...

click

mitsuturbo

WTF is up with that pic you linked? That looks like a 2g intake manifold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I ended up buying a Miata battery from advanced and making a bracket that set the battery on the cross member below the fuel filter. welded a few brackets to hold it and it works awesome. I also had to extend the battery cables to make it work. This allows me to run a 2g maf with a normal dejon intake pipe. I can snap some pics of you want. Ive also seen the JMF battery kit and its a nice piece if you want to go that way also, I went the cheap way.

fivestardsm

Quoting Struc:

click

I saw that aswell, where do they move the washer bottle tho?

fivestardsm

Quoting 229of1k:
I ended up buying a Miata battery from advanced and making a bracket that set the battery on the cross member below the fuel filter. welded a few brackets to hold it and it works awesome. I also had to extend the battery cables to make it work. This allows me to run a 2g maf with a normal dejon intake pipe. I can snap some pics of you want. Ive also seen the JMF battery kit and its a nice piece if you want to go that way also, I went the cheap way.

Yeah, if you could get a pic, that would be good. Im still not set on which setup for 100%.

Struc

Quoting fivestardsm:
Quoting Struc:

click

I saw that aswell, where do they move the washer bottle tho?

Well, since you're dead set against moving the battery to the trunk, how about moving the washer bottle to the trunk? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I don't actually know where they recommend moving it to, but I would imagine you could put it just about anyplace there is room, and just extend the line to the first coupler near the hood.

fivestardsm

^^ Good point! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif It would fit in the trunk.

I just wonderd because I thought maybe they suplied a bracket to relocat the bottle somewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
C'mon Curt, being in Wisconsin and owning a 2g with the washer bottle in the trunk, you KNOW you don't want that situation. I hate the freezing up every winter in my 2g Spyder.

Struc

HA HA... Joke's on you. The 1996 Spyder GS has the washer bottle in the engine compartment, right where the stock Intercooler is supposed to be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe you can retrofit yours? It's the ballin setup ya know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

EDIT: Here is a picture - you can see the filler neck: click

Last edited:

Here are the pictures of my battery setup. Hope this can help. It cleared up a TON of room for me.

fivestardsm

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fivestardsm

Well guys, I haven't concede'd yet, but after just seeing this picture a moment ago of supervr4's 89 ZR4, I am leaning toward the battery in the trunk. The real selling point is the fact that I just built my intake box, and it looks alot like that one, and I do like the clean looks. Hell, It almost makes me want to remove my cruise! (almost, not quite)

So, I haven't been tottally swayed, so I'll post up some pics tomorrow of what I have with the battery in the bay still and let you all see.

fivestardsm

Well here is what I have so far.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned