The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

need a 4-6" offset reducer coupler?

Kibby

I put a 2 ft level across it and held it within The bubble lol. I need to trim more anyway since the j pipe is I side the ic pipe. That coupler was a junk ebay thing I had. I just grabbed all my ic pipe that was in a box. Thats some 3" s10 hacked up pipe. Im in the process of dealing with him threatening me telling me to pound sand or deal with what he sends me. Idc if he sends nothing now.Im copying and posting everything he sent me in his bad guys topic. Im not gonna be threatened when I paid then waited 6 weeks to get a kit that doesn't fit and didnt include what was in the ad. I did nothing wrong and he says im blasting him all over the forum and lying. I asked for a partial refund and you said no so how am I lying about you saying you wouldnt refund me. Im done with him. I modified it and it will work and be cleaned up installed straight and will feed my goal of reaching 10's down the road.

Ps these gloves r the sh*t. Dollartree fingerless great for workng on the car. There my hobo gloves cuz the vr4 keeps me poor.

Last edited:

Kibby

Anyone who wants to deal with this guy good luck. Im done talking to him.

DynastyLCD

this really turned into a nightmare from the start.

first of all, i've been going through some very difficult times in my life, with problems at home, financially, with family, and im in a very tough spot. i tried telling John this from the get go. i'm not going to spill the specifics of everything to the world, i'm just in an extremely difficult place right now and there isn't much in the way of help besides time and adjustment.

secondly, this is the FMIC kit that came with 881. i was told it was an Extreme motorsports FMIC kit. I DID NOT INSTALL THIS FMIC KIT... IT WAS ON THE CAR WHEN I BOUGHT IT.... I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE PO CHANGED ON MY CAR TO INSTALL THIS. but i can tell you for a fact that ALL of the piping worked just FINE. there was no need at all to cut and alter any of the piping. the only parts of it i changed were the upper pipe for the HKS BOV, and the coupler from the N/T throttle body to the BOV pipe. initially i had a full sized radiator in there as well.

third, i didn't sell him half a kit. that's an exaggeration, and an outright lie. i'm sticking to my promise and getting him the couplers and clamps he needs, as i had to retain some of them with my car. in the end, he will have everything from the turbo to the intake manifold, including a throttle body and a BOV. that's more than any FMIC kit you'll buy brand new. i sold it all for $500, with promise of replacing the clamps and couplers with what i had used with new. all in all, after shipping everything (not counting the second box after i screwed up and forgot the j-pipe) and the couplers and clamps i'm buying, i really only got $350 for this kit. and John wants me to refund him $200... really?

i've been on another planet lately. without going into detail, my living expenses went up 300%, i've been working 6 days a week at my shop, and working overtime, as well as picking up odd jobs doing snow removal during the storms we've had lately, so i can keep a roof over my head. i don't have any other viable options right now besides liquidate some of the things i own and work overtime. this made it difficult to get packages out. not to mention it's been the last thing on my mind. between funerals and trips to the airport, i've had it with everything going on. cars, quads, other releases and parts of my life that i'm normally active with have not been on my radar at all.

you guys can sit and point fingers all day long. at the end of the day, i'm not here to screw anyone. i unbolted the kit from my gvr4, i sold it to him. i've been here for the better part of a decade. Shane was selling a big FMIC (which i highly regret installing on my car) and i decided to go big or go home. i would have rather kept my old kit and not dealt with any of these headaches.

Kibby

And I bought it because your ad stated it fits the gvr4. You didnt say anything else. Make sure you have the lies of you saying you shipped it when you were unable to provide a tracking number then you had to ask me for my address to ship it again. Im not trying to blow up this forum but clearly this kit did not fit. He says it did and that I would have to cut metal out. The only metal the pipe touched was the radiator. The angle of the pipe after the j pipe is nowhere near the angle it was on my car no matter how i turned the pipe. I know your having your personal issues and that is what it is. But you didnt tell me this until feb 4 when I paid for it jan 17. I can post the entire conversation on here if anyone wants to read it. I told him I wasnt worried about the clamps and couplers because it took 6 weeks to get the parts, he said he found more clamps and couplers that he would send with the j pipe and recir adapter which he didnt. so I thought to myself how long is this gonna take now

GSTwithPSI

Quoting Kibby:
There my hobo gloves cuz the vr4 keeps me poor.

Hey, Mods, can we get this guy a title?

Kibby
-Wears hobo gloves cuz the VR4 keeps him poor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Kibby

img.php
^^^^^^^

89Mirageman

Come on man, we all have issues in life. The point is, you flat out lied to this guy telling him It shipped when you know it didn't. Then when he finally does get it, nothing fits correctly. If I sent you $500 for what he received I'd be pissed with you too.

Then you tell him there's no record, he gifted you the money and to pound sand. That speaks volumes and verifies what he's been saying. It doesn't matter if you've been a member here for 5 minutes or you own the site, wrong is wrong.

I personally have nothing against you and have never had issues with you in the past. But I do have a problem with people lying on here and then trying to whine their way out of it because life threw them a curve. The same thing happened to me on here a few years ago with a $50 item, I'd be furious over $500 and so would you.

Just man up and take care of this guy by sending him the right parts or a partial refund like any decent human would do. $200 is more than fair IMO.

Kibby

I just wanted to buy the couplers clamps and reducer that I now need. He tells me hes only going to order what he took out of the kit. Like I said if he doesnt want to refund me some money thats his choice. I paid right away after talking to him and for the most part patiently waited the time piecing the kit together as he sent it, 6 weeks when I finally get most of it, I tried to piece it together using my own couplers and clamps and I really tried to make it fit. I did. I thought maybe I put it in wrong but after hours of trying it just didnt work.

I dont know anyone else that would wait 6 weeks before getting mad that you didnt get what you paid for.

Last edited:

Kibby

I think this is more than fair. If you will, id like this amount to be gifted back to my account that way I can immediately purchase it myself instead of waiting or having any further issues. if you do I will take a pic of the purchase and post it to prove that I didnt spend it on whatever else because im honest and want to develop a positive relationship with this forum.

belize1334

Quoting DynastyLCD:
first of all, i've been going through some very difficult times in my life, with problems at home, financially, with family, and im in a very tough spot...

This is where I stopped reading. Don't bring that BS in here. If you're broke, don't be buying car parts. If you have to sell parts to put cash together then sell them cheap but don't lie about what they are. I have had several instances where my plans fell through due to funding issues. If you're up front about it and your plans weren't built on lies then it all works out and nobody has a problem with you. We're a community of car enthusiasts -- we're not here to share sob stories, loan each other money, or be easily swayed by an EXTREMELY BELATED tale of woe. If you want that, get it from your friends. This is the internet...

Kibby

Id just like an answer from him. He didnt respond or bother to look at the post. Looks like this is going to be a loss for me but I think im gonna buy new couplers and parts. As well as the fact of his selling reputation being damaged from this. Id be cool and clear if he would just refund me the money to get those couplers but tomorrow im just gonna go over the car and order what I need. Im going to remove the ic and all the piping, and anything else I can to make this chasis harness swap easier. hopefully by the time thats done the voltage issue will be fixed and then I can reinstall everything. Its gonna be a long road but im hoping to hit 3-350hp this year and see how hungry I get for more.

Kibby

Im a man of my word. Bought extra parts on top of what I need for the kit. Ill call this a complete fmic kit now. Whats done is done this is sorted and taken care of. When I get the chance im going to make an offical build thread for 452.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned