The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

need a 4-6" offset reducer coupler?

Kibby

Im just going to write this off as a I f'd up. The ic is cocked because I moved the bolt next to the one i originally had it in. He said this would fix it. This made the pipe going down to the ic push it sideways.I have enough extra ic piping to fix this and there are 2 threads on the bottom I will use to make it straight. I feel that enough damage has been done to his reputation for people to see what they may potentially have to deal with. I have to size up the couplers I need this then ill order them, install and post the results. I did try talking to him to get something back. He did make the effort to sell something even though it took 6 weeks, was wrong and didnt include all the parts. Ill keep it. Its a half fmic kit lol. I asked for a partial refund and he blew up and then told me try this and that which I did. Then I sent him pics and asked to be reimbursed to at least buy the couplers and clamps he didnt send me then he stopped responding. maybe I should be refunded half idk. Im not trying to be hard with this but hes being difficult.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Instead of mounting the core and trying to get the piping to work, do it the opposite way. Completely unbolt the core, and hook up all the pipes. After you have the pipes positioned correctly and connected, they will support the core for the most part. Then, see where the core sits, and decide if the pipes need to be modified to adjust the core's position. If the core is close enough, then fabricate a bracket to line up with the existing bracket on the core, and a mounting point on the car.

As far as the couplers go, just make sure you used the pipe OD, and the coupler ID when buying replacements. I've used these guys in the past, and they have good quality products. click

I'm not sure why you don't just send the whole thing back if you are having so many issues. If you are willing to keep the item, then you are accepting some responsibility for its condition and missing items. Judging by the lack of cooperation between you and the seller up to this point, you're likely to be into this for way more than the kit is even worth. Just seems like more hassle than anything IMO.

Kibby

Realistically all I have to do is cut an existing pipe shorter and cut one of my pipes to length then it should line up. It took so long for "all" of it to get here i just started to disassemble the front end until it was all open. He told me he was busy and then he had personal issues and I was willing to work with that. Im the guy who lent his truck to friend he wrecked it and I turned the other cheek. Ive lent people money and not gotten paid back. Firm believer in karma and I let it do its job. I just need to make brackets to level/support the core and position it where it needs to be. Yea he sold me a s box kit but it does work and it would make me feel good fixing someone else's screw up and making it look and work properly. Might have something to do with my ocd too lol. It is my 3rd project car but this time im working from stock to finish. It gives me a sense of pride. Yea ill probably replace this kit one day but in the end ill say I built it and made it work.

Kibby

Ha ive delt with them before. Good quality. Got stuff from them for my 240 awhile ago.

coyotes

in the picture of it mounted on his car it's still crooked as f***. who would run that on their car like that

Last edited:

Kibby

Someone that sells half a ic kit for one car and pipes for another?

transparentdsm

Quoting marvinmadman:
Looks like you have AC. The lines might have to bent to allow the intercooler to sit lower on that side. What's making the driver side so high anyway?

^^this, phil doesn't have A/C in his car. and if i remember correctly he doesn't have a power steering pump and the alternator is in the A/C spot..

4dr_vr4

Quoting transparentdsm:
Quoting marvinmadman:
Looks like you have AC. The lines might have to bent to allow the intercooler to sit lower on that side. What's making the driver side so high anyway?

^^this, phil doesn't have A/C in his car. and if i remember correctly he doesn't have a power steering pump and the alternator is in the A/C spot..

Do you remember how many moles he has on his dick as well fanboi? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited:

transparentdsm

ummm what? i was just stating facts. yeah what happened sucks, but it happened and that isn't changing. this is a tech discussion, so im trying to help him figure out how the intercooler fit. so shut the f*** up and go back to trolling the pages. you have nothing useful to say. why not try and contribute to the conversation with a suggestion or an idea of how to get the intercooler to fit properly.

jnava

Staff member
Wtf, did that guy just ask about dicks, feg

89Mirageman

Funny how the seller isn't posting here trying to help out either. That tells me he knew all of this and doesn't really care. Kibby, this is a tight knit community and you will see that there are some really great people on here. Unfortunately it seems you're not dealing with one of them. I wish you luck on getting this squared away and you are correct. Take your time and get it fitting perfect, you're too far in to turn back.

belize1334

Based on the first pic I'd say that pipe is sitting way too high. I wouldn't even expect it to clear the hood. Whether that's a result of the core being tilted or not, you gotta address that.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting 4dr_vr4:
Do you remember how many moles he has on his dick as well fanboi? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Lolz...Who the f*** is this guy?

Kibby

Alright everyone....freeze. j/k. But on a serious note after working on the car for about 2 hours moving turning twisting adjusting and cutting I think ive got it. In the pics youll see I had to cut a perfectly good smic kit up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif but it did make the kit "connect" I say that becauss I lack enough couplers and a 2-2.5" reducer coupler to make it solid. Im going to try to talk to him one last time and at least get refunded enough to buy the stuff. If he doesnt then Oh well bad rep for him.

GSTwithPSI

Looks good man. Make sure you roll a bead on each end of the new pipe, or that sh*t will blow off of there. Nice gloves BTW... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Also, if all the couplers look like the blue one in the picture, I'd replace them all with quality silicone couplers. That blue one doesn't even look like a silicone coupler, but rather a cheap rubber one instead. If you look, you can see how the coupler in your picture has expanded and ballooned out over time. Good couplers won't do that.
img.php

Last edited:

Kibby

I made it straighter but it won't be right til I support the bottom.

transparentdsm

what i meant was did you striaghten it out before cutting the pipes? i only ask because once you do straighten it out it might change the length of the pipes...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned