The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

N/A EPROM ecu??

The turbo ECU's have different snubber caps and resistors, because of the low impedance injectors. Also, the 4481 ECU's are always MINT, whereas the turbo ECU's usually have acid damage. I'd put a knock board on the 4481 and load the E442 ROM myself.

1qkfwd

What did the 4481 come in?

maroonmetallic

For what it's worth, my 92 Galant GSR had a knock board but no EPROM chip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

-Shawn

Just like most DSM ECU's, the 92 GSR's came in both non-EPROM and EPROM versions in the same year.
The MD304481 ECU is from a 1994 2.0 DOHC NT.

donniekak

It's not hard to convert, i have probably done 10-20. Good donors are blown turbo ecu's. You need the knock board, injector drivers, some other jumpers, and resistors, as well as a eprom image from a turbo eprom. The hyuandai ecu's are compatable, but use a 1990 type setup, and don't work as well, for some reason.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned