The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

my new exhaust manifold what do you guys think updated!

bob92vr4

heres a pic of the start of my new exhaust manifold the only down side so far is the ac removal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif what do you guys think fo far?

Last edited:

bob92vr4

yeah lol i will post up some more pics soon. We got cyl number two tied in shoud have it all done by next week i will post up the finished product.

chucklesas

Hmm. Similar to what these guys were doing. click

curtis

Don't know if you've made it there yet but I'm doing something similar. I bought sch 40 reducers from a local supplier and cut a piece of phenolic resin into a small square chunk the same as the small side then put it in a hyd press and started crushing it down and what I was left with was 4 ports the exact size of a 2nd gen exhaust gasket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wood could be used instead of phenolic put use the wood only once and make sure its a hardwood.

cut a hole in that front bumper and let the cool air flow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bob92vr4

ok so its basically done minus the wastegates wich will be installed when i get them but this is basically the finished product this was built by my friends fab shop here in town who does awesome fab work and custom turbo kits on any hing i have included a few pics of his 700 whp honduh motor compartment. if anybody needs anything like this done let me know and i will put you in touch with him and he is dirt cheap for custom stuff like this including hard pipes etc..

Galantvr41062

Very simple and straight to the point. The #1 and #4 runners are longer then the #2 and #3 runners, but not by much. The collector looks nice, is that just a fusion weld? Was it back purged or was a flux used? Why did you decide to go front facing turbo vs the "normal" way?

~John

Last edited:

bob92vr4

jon no this was done by divulge motorsports owner steve who is a friend of mine its kinda a up and coming shop but hes good hes got lathes and mills the whole set up. this was all done with a tig cleaned up the stainless with m.e.k and clean ss wire brush most of it was fusion welded with some filler rod here and there when needed.

Galantvr41062

As long as its around 10ga thick (about .125") you could get away with a fusion weld. If a weld is done right it should be stronger then the material being welded, as far as I know this is not possible with a fusion weld.

~John

Last edited:

bob92vr4

well it all depends on what you want i.e flanged for mitsu or garret with one or two or no external wastegates my mani he charged about 350 its flanged for t4 with ext wastegate you can go as crazy or as mild as you want. if you want one done let me know he said he would work with anyone from this forum and hook them up. and im not sure on the thikness of the pipe but im sure its over ten gauge cause i work and weld on gas pipeline and these are schdule 20 i belive not like the sch 80 i use at work but very heavy duty ..

Sweet very nice...Might need to get in touch with him about some intercooler piping....

bob92vr4

yeah man give him a call hes about to start on my intercooler piping here very soon all bead rolled he does some very sweet work his number is 303-564-0754 and again his name is steve with divulge just tell him bob told you to call and he will hook you up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned