The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

my car shuts off

so today i didnt use the a/c at all and the rpm stayed normal and my car didnt shut off but when i turned that sh*t on and went fast and let my rpm drop it shut off
i also tryed it again without a/c and it wanted to shut off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

broxma

Cars tend to die due to over lean conditions so check for an intake leak or leak past the MAF. Also if you are venting you stock BOV to atmosphere, stab yourself in the eye, and then with your good eye, reconnect it.

/brox

Diego

When you try to turn the car over, you might hear a "click,click" coming from your passenger floor board right above the kick panel, that's where the ECU hides out and if that click is there, its time to open it up and check the damage, mostly a loose or corrosion set in and you have leaky caps....

If that's the case get a hold Terry Posten its about 50 bucks, get a ZIF socket and then your set up for a keydriver or ECMlink

my cuzin checked the ecu its fine some guys in this forum told me to check for a intake leak or boots leak?????

Diego

" Boost " leak. Yes check that out, check your maf wires for fraying also to be causing a short. Make sure all hoses are tight and sealed, as to have a closed loop pressure and no leaks, allowing to much air to hit the maf or causing a surge to kill the maf

Diego

Also what are we looking at? Your set-up, as to can we get a pic or video to hear, see the underlining problem

yeah your not a bad guy lol if you where part of that whole grammer thing i apoligize.
it really piss me off because the one who posted that was my cousin so i was backing him up

Diego

If you want to send me a flick on my cell

7123894004. Focus on filming what's important to the issue and where you hear, feel, etc... I will help to best abilities w/o realistically being there

alright ill try to do it tmorrow because i have a iphone 3g and that sh*t dosent record
soo ill try to record it after work tmorrow

IPhone 3g records, you just need to plug it into a computer, go to apple's website, and download the ugrade. Then you go to the app store, grab you a video recorder app, and viola. Your all set.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned