The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My 91 Galant VR-4 Evolution

Great work on restoring your car!! I am about to get my car painted and if you dont mind, I will print out pics of your to show the painter what I EXPECT my car to look like when they spray it!!

Again, cheers on a mint VR4-EVO

Sr71sss

Ooh I like, very clean and original, good time to hack it up LOL...

Seriously though nice car and would kill to have your car but unfortunately I think I would be a PITA to ship over and conform here unless things have laxed a bit here in the "land of the free" LOL..

from what I can see the f/r bumpers would have to be USDM, glass, keydiver chip for the 450cc injectors and 14B turbo to be carb legal, can't see why it would be that hard to do.

kitcho

jdm vr4 evo with leather (most jdm's would be cloth) and door handle protectors?

wow rare.

dmj

nice car i can only hope to get my car looking as good as yours. shame it up for sale though.

Ok I will fess up about something... the leather interior (front and rear seats + centre console) are out of a earlier "Super VR-4" model, they didn't come out on the Evolution spec one. I do still have the original cloth seats and console though, which are sooo much comfier, they just don't look as nice or as sporty as these leather ones!

The door handle proctectors did come with it though, as well as the rear parcel tray air purifier - which i understand was an optional accessory from factory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quoting NZ VR4 RS:
just to add to the thread about the rear muffler, he actually got mitsubishi in japan to make a brand new muffler for it as there were no more in stock.

it was an exact copy of the original.

that amazed me that he would go that far to keep it original and that they would make one up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Gidday Nick, wow another familiar face! Yep here is the muffler when it arrived at work from japan. The muffler itself actually sits on a slight angle on these cars once installed, hence why the outlet pipes appear to be on a big angle when sitting on the ground.

06-11-07_0720.jpg

curtis

Clean and very well done.

streetmasters

I was just curious, is that the correct spacing for the mmc badge with the diamond?? I have seen it closer and i have these badges too and wanted to make sure I was doing it right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks bro, car looks awesome!

speedyvr4

wow.I'm not usually jelous, but I have to admit, I'm fu@kin jelous.lol. super nice ride the other side of the world gets all the good stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

H05TYL

speedyvr4 said:
wow.I'm not usually jelous, but I have to admit, I'm fu@kin jelous.lol. super nice ride the other side of the world gets all the good stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Nothing to do with location, it's all to do with the massive amount of hardwork Kris put into it, scrubbing parts with his toothbrush etc...

speaking of which, you should put up some of the work in-progess shots Kris.

ApexHunter

HAHA i finally get to see one!!!!!! I've heard about these but have never seen one. 91ZERO thanks for sharing this amazing piece of MMC lineage.

So this car is a step above the vr4 RS right? Could you tell me the differences between this and a RS? I saw posted that it was rated at 240 hp from the factory which is the same as the RS if i'm not mistaken.

EDIT: I saw somewhere that the full name of the Evolution was actually the "RS Evolution". Can anyone confirm, deny or clarify this?

Last edited:

kitcho

He's not the only one... I have a "Evolution" model as well. So does RHDGALANTVR4. I'm sure were not the only ones.

All manual transmission JDM gvr4s made from 1990 october - on all had yellow top injectors, big 16g turbo, large front mounter intercooler, slightly different gearing, vented hood, among other things...were the so called evolution model. There were also the "RS" models which were cheaper and lighter with no abs / no 4ws and only came in white. There was a super rare Monte Carlo edition which i know very little about.

click

Quoting SmoothCustomer:
^it kind of is seeing as how it is literally impossible to get that car on this side of the world...

Several canadians own evolution vr4s and I'm sure a few americans own jdm gvr4's. definitely a rare car in north america, but not literally impossible to get.

Last edited:

H05TYL

"Monte Carlo" vr4 appears to be the same as "evolution" vr4 but with the addition of Monte Carlo stickers on the doors.

Original Japanese sales brochure is here on nick (vr4rs)'s site.
other original Japanese sales brochures are here

Here's a pic of my mates Monte Carlo vr4.

z200701-3.jpg

streetmasters

that rear wiper no wing look is so sick!! if only I had $800!!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned