The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

MPI relay help.

14bCrazy

My car has a problem that I believe I narrowing it down. When it is wet outside it doesn't want to start. The CE light comes on and the Relay keeps clicking on and off. The ECU is a new model one that Jeff sold me that doesn't have the leaking problems that the older one have. I know that the ECU never come on line because when it's acting up I can get my laptop to connect using my ECMlink. I believe that it might need a new MPI relay. Has anybody else had one go bad and did yours act the same way?

prove_it

Mine has never gone bad, but I have had to replace mitsu main relays before. early hondas were bad for it. Could be possible. Find a good used one and swap it and try it.

14bCrazy

I would see how Jeff. While I'm dealing with this issue I have had it just hanging and not even in the correct mounting. If is was getting wet I would have noticed the carpet being wet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

At one time I had the exact same issue with #1886. I had the ECU laying loose, and everytime it would rain the water would leak under the windshield somehow and drip right into the ECU. Try wrapping it in a plastic bag and see if the problem goes away.

14bCrazy

I'll try anything at this point. Thanks

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You may not necessarily see any water if the moisture is seeping down the harness wires to the ECU.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned