The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

More Newbie Questions for 560

clevr4

This bigger turbo idea has really stemmed from a friend of mine with a neon srt4 spanked me off the roll. I'll inspect my current setup and leak test the intercooler. 3 inch straight pipe exhaust.

transparentdsm

yeah, check for leaks and do the maintenance, get link and get your current set-up running better. a 16g is a downgrade from where your car currently is.

clevr4

Transparent, do you tune your own? Guys at the meet said I was running rich. I'll upgrade to v3 and go from there

EHmotorsports

you should have a wideband already if you have link. you should know what your AFR is at.

clevr4

It goes down to 12 or so when I'm boosting. I have run the data log and saved the file just in case battery gets disconnect. I didn't want to change my values

clevr4

I've also watched the videos and read on the ecm site about tuning. Its just a lot to take in, I'm more of a technical mind. So unless I understand how things work at the basic level I won't try to bs and think I know what I'm doing

prove_it

Quoting clevr4:
This bigger turbo idea has really stemmed from a friend of mine with a neon srt4 spanked me off the roll. I'll inspect my current setup and leak test the intercooler. 3 inch straight pipe exhaust.

Yes, do a boost leak test. With that blow through MAF, you could be leaking and not know it. Get that checked to 25psi, or even 30psi.

To me it sounds like you really need to run it into a dyno shop and have them play with the tune. That turbo should be pushing over 400hp on pump gas. I think you need to get it running right and get your boost turned up to around 22-25psi. If the engine is in good shape it should hold it.

But, that's where broken axles, blown clutches, shattered trans happen. Big power comes at a cost, so be ready to fix broken parts when it happens, and it will.

Nice set-up you got, really just need to get it all sorted and cleaned up and you'll be in good shape.

clevr4

Thanks man, I'm not look for insane horsepower. Just a little more bang, I'd like to get it on the dyno and maybe have someone run in depth about the ecm tuning. V3 sounds much needed. If someone knows the faqs page off top of removing the chip I'd appreciate, in the mean time this is her status
IMG950730_zpszfgfjuw3.jpg
[/url][/img]

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts