The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

minus another 50 lbs

blacksheep

Quoting curtis:

All that work on that EVO and it goes down the road with one tire up in the air. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

atleast the bitch aint on jackstands after a lawnmower hit it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quoting blacksheep:
Quoting curtis:

All that work on that EVO and it goes down the road with one tire up in the air. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

atleast the bitch aint on jackstands after a lawnmower hit it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

This needs a thread with an explanation!

On topic:
I just picked up the manual seatbelt swap from a user on here and completely forgot about the headliner problem. I might try to remove the headliner (not sure if it comes out with my cage) and just relayer it with new cloth and try to extend it on the side. How much weight reduction did you get off the automatic seat belt removal?

curtis

The factory seatbelt stuff is heavy, I sold all of mine off and the shipping weight was 40 to 50 lbs.
As for the headliner fix it can be done. I took a set of JDM top pieces and rivited on a piece of aluminum sheetmetal and then covered with foam then suede to fix the problem in Paul's car.

blacksheep

My biggest issue with belt conversion was the availability of plastic interior trim.

All pieces are NLA new now. Junkyards have faded old non-matching crap which I would refuse to paint - thats for ricers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

The gvr4 pillar plastic etc all seems to be brittle and break/broke when taking off. AFIAK, the autobelt plastic will not attach well if the belt rails are removed.

When I did mine, I was able to get pieces from different vendors to complete it.

If anyone finds all plastic trim available new, post up.

gtluke

yeah half of my trim pieces aren't even in because they are so brittle and hardly attach.
it's so worth it though, no more dying when you turn the car off through the window

gtluke

I will eventually. I need to do some research on rally cages, because that's what I ultimately want, but not the whole thing right now. I need to figure out how to install SOME of a rally cage enough for me to drive normally, and then when I retire the car finish the cage. The way it looks is that we can't install cages in our car (proper, legal, and correct) without totally losing access to the back seat with the main hoop bar, or if we move it forward enough the main hoop will be right in line with your head while driving, making it VERY dangerous to use on the street without a helmet.
You could tilt back the main hoop, and I would if I was making a drag race or autocross style roll bar. But if I ever wanted to enter a local rally one day I'm sure they are 100 times more strict about proper cages than the local dragstrip.
Obviously this is something I'm also not going to be able to do myself since I would do it with moly. Maybe next year when I get my house I'll have room for a bender and a tig /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned