The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mint 93 headlights to "super mint".

curtis

Post pictures

if its on the flats on the top and bottom take a razor and cut next to the defraction gradients so you have a cut off line and you can take a lighter to it and might get the underlayers to unbond from the plastic but min it sucks to do. I've tried strippers, different chemicals I got from some locals, thanks taxpayers, but the stuff is really on there one things for sure if you start to peel in the middle your screwed and need alot of paint to fill the area between where the chrome is and isn't. Its like there factory dipped and thicker in the middle. If your just going to paint them scuff with a red pad and then paint but make sure all the air bubbles and places debonded are all gone.

Now if its just peeling up top take your finger and brush it off as best as you can and then scuff and cut a piece of black vinyl pinstripe from a sign shop and apply, don't try taping against the gradient and the tops or bottoms because after you paint and try to peel it off it pulls the chrome, happened to me twice. I guess the thinner in the paint leaches under the chrome enough that the pinstrpe is adhered more than the chrome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I saw some new shiney paint stuff in my latest eastwood catalog but haven't ordered any yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I know the crap from advance and auto zone is just that and have the reflective qualities of polished dung, yea I saw the mythbuster episode where they got sh*t to shine but doesn't do much for headlights at night. If you get some let me know how it does I have two sets on the workbench I need to clean up and both have peeling tops inside.

turbowop

On the 93's I run on 503, I posted a thread awhile back about how I painted the "roof" of the lights black, due to peeling chrome. I used sandpaper to smooth it out, masked the rest of the chrome part off and painted them. They're still holding up fine.

OMFGeofffff

Are these still available from dealer using the part numbers in the sticky?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned