The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Looking into a VR4

I'm probably going to start working on the galant soon, but first I need to get parts together. I'm going to need a new turbo and a blow of valve. I would like to get something better than stock that won't need any other modifications. Someone did mention a 16g and I will look into that. Also, if someone could give some sites that sell turbo's and such that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

CarRacer

I believe Forced Performance is still offering a great deal on new Evo 3 big 16g turbos. $500 for the best turbo you can put on a street car. You can modify the stock BOV for very cheap and make it hold higher boost. Google "Dodge garage BOV mod".

I will not be able to mod the bov because the car does not have one right now. I will need to buy a new one. So, if anyone can suggest a specific brand or model of bov for me to get I would appreciate it. I also have been trying to find some more websites with parts but I have had little success, so what sites do you guys use for parts?

Ive only used two sites so far, and everything else I have seen floating on the board. If your patient you will eventually see things you want for sale on our for sale sections. The two sites I have used and very much like are: Rockauto.com and JNZtuning.com

Ok, so I did some searching for turbos and while searching I came across this one: click

I have a feeling it may be a knock off turbo because of how cheap it is and I don't necessarily want to "cheap out" but that is an amazing price. So what I'm asking is has anyone had any experience with this turbo? Is it worth it? Should I just shell out another $300 for a Evo 3 16g?

looks like you and i are in the same boat, im buying one from a guy in miami, originally from l.a. in about 2 weeks for 1,000. from what iam told all thats wrong is a leaking radiator, but im expecting a whole mess of headaches....good luck to ya bro, upload some pics when you get it

Is there anyone that has had any experience with the turbo I linked? If not I'm probably going to shy away from it because it just seems too cheap.

jepherz

Staff member
It's chinese. I'm sure a lot of people will fill you in as to why that's a bad option.

Is it possible to run these cars without the turbo and if so what do I need to do? The reason I ask is I don't have the original turbo and I would like to know if it is even going to run before I drop 600 on a new turbo.

I am not familiar with this turbo. i do have a BOV that I could sell you. I am parting out my galant. I would do it for $30 plus shipping. It is a RFL BOV. Stands for Really F#@#ING Loud!! LOL

dont even try to much money i would think to make it non turbo especially if you are going to put a turbo onit it would be pointless. get a used 16g either hear tuners or dsmtrader. i've seen mhi 16gs for 250-300

I haven't really been able to get the money together to fix this thing up and my parents are freaking out about it sitting in the driveway so I am being forced to get rid of it. I don't want to junk it but if it doesn't sell I will be forced to do that. I'm looking to get 450 out of it since thats what I have in it. Hit me up with a pm or shoot me and email at [email protected]. The car is located in Mount Morris, Illinois.

bob92vr4

have you posted an add in the for sale section for the car im sure someone would be glad to take it off your hands. But before you give up on it if all it needs is a turbo you might try and post a want to buy add for a stock turbo used and you might get lucky and find a cheap and near you. And if you need help post up in this section and see if someone local to you can give you a hand with the car. if i was closer i would volunteer time to help you out and get it up and running atleast.

I thought I would give everybody a little update on my situation. I have decided to keep the galant and try to fix it on a budget. I found a used turbo and bov pretty cheap from a member on here. I'm pretty busy this weekend but hopefully I can start working on it next week sometime. If someone on here lives in the Rockford, IL area and would like to help me that would be awesome. Also, if someone could provide me with a picture of how the turbo and bov are installed that would be cool too. Thanks in advance and I'm sure you're going to hear from me some more.

I am missing the hose that connects the intercooler to the turbo. Is there part number for this or can I use a universal cai kit?

DR1665

Good luck on the stock piping. I know that at least a couple pieces of the intake a no longer available.

Do yourself a favor and come up with a list of exactly what stock parts you're missing to get the car back on the road and livable on a daily basis. For this intercooler piping, do you need the piece that goes under the core support on the passenger side or that goes through the core support on the driver side? If you don't know the exact name, be as specific as you possibly can. Don't be afraid to take cell phone pictures if you have to, email them to yourself, and then upload them here so we can see what you're talking about.

When you've got your list, make a WTB post and list 'em all out. This thread has a whole lot of detailed talk about which turbo this or BOV that, but then the troubleshooting seems a bit thin. You'd be hard-pressed to beat the level of expertise on this board. Step up the effort just a little bit and watch the magic happen.

Lancer99 has a thread in the parts for sale section, and I think he might have your IC pipe your missing. Check it out, and keep us posted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The piece I need comes out by the radiator on the drivers side of the vehicle from their I beleive it goes to the turbo. So far I have purchased a 14b turbo and a 1g bov for the car. I ordered all the gasket I need from rockauto. The only thing I'm still missing is the above mentioned piece. My gaskets should be in tomorrow and I will start getting her back together. I will post up some pics later tonight.

Here are some pictures I took earlier today.

The following pictures are the spot where I'm missing the intercooler piping.

a lil rough and yeah its missin some stuff, but for the price thats a steal!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned