The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Let's talk about boost gauges.

PolskiVR4

Quoting Wookalar:
Quoting coyotes:
Quoting EHmotorsports:
I run a crappy auto meter and it works great. It's within .5psi to my map sensor. Go SD and log boost.

I hate them! LOL. I have had a few and they never reset to 0, it's always above or below.

20130701_193854_zps7f321165.jpg

high class. I guess I will do SD or whatever but that is a ways off. Maybe I'll worry about boost gauges for another time. I just have all these dollars burning a hole in my pocket.

Are you shoving the gauge in there to where the gauge housing is under pressure from the vent bezel?

Is this thread about speed density or gauges?

Judging by the way the "bowing" of the trim piece it certainly looks as that is the case. I have never had any problems with Autometer. I have an Aem digital gauge which works great also but I just don't like the digital readout or dancing lights for the boost gauge. Prosport is absolutely horrid when it comes to reliability. I have had two friend buy Prosport's premium gauges only to have the touch pads go berserk and or unresponsive.

Wookalar

Quoting G:
Autometer quality is garbage compared to what else is available on the global market.

What would you consider quality? Defi makes nice gauges but are they any more accurate? If they give accurate reading all the lighting leds and want not are just for looks.

Seems like a lot of top notch builders use them on some really expensive cars.

diambo4life

Hewitt Industries is what I had in my old Talon. Cheap and a very good boost gauge. In fact I did a review on one awhile back.
click

I have a 0-30psi gauge in the GVR4. I forget who makes it but I rarely look at it. Omni 4bar is used to log boost in ECMlink.

turbowop

My Defi only goes up to 28psi, so I don't even look at it anymore. According to my Omni 4bar in Link my car spikes around 32psi and falls to 29psi.

coyotes

All the VDOs I've found only go up to 25psi, or 30psi but don't show vacuum.

It's too bad, I like their simplicity, I don't like any flashy style gauges or anything that says STEAL ME.

turbowop

I like gauges that match the factory green cluster lighting. My Defis are pretty close. It's too bad they stopped making the standard link meters and went to the ones that go completely black when the car is shut off. The new lighting is all wrong. Just to get a matching oil pressure gauge I had to find one on the Yahoo Japan auctions and get it through my contacts there.

G

Staff member
Omori match perfectly but are nla.

pot

Staff member
Quoting coyotes:
All the VDOs I've found only go up to 25psi, or 30psi but don't show vacuum.

It's too bad, I like their simplicity, I don't like any flashy style gauges or anything that says STEAL ME.

VDO gauges actually depict vacuum in either the "Cockpit" or "Vision" line up -can't remember which. They also come packaged either a green or amber light sock which match the factory cluster and HVAC illumination points almost perfect. This is what I sport in 182 in the double DIN coupled with a Curtis gauge panel and rarely am I ever asked by occupants if it's aftermarket.

Last edited:

coyotes

Autometer it is! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Stack gauges look ok to me but I don't know much about them. It's not a big deal, I am going to wait on doing anything until later, but this thread will give me some ideas when the time comes.

losermakesgood

+1 on eguages.com and vdo. Have them sitting below the radio and like previous mention people always think they're stock. I rarely look at them anymore though.

Wookalar

Check out this Ralliart 4g eclipse with evo motor and drivetrain, crappy autometers included.

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned