The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lean'er wideband #s in colder temps

MellowVR4

Sensor is about a year old. I will be changing it out anyways before I get tuned, Like the day before.

MellowVR4

Well, I checked all of my wires and all seems fine, nothing looks loose or anything like that. Calibrated the sensor and now its acting like normal. Not really sure why it was acting funny, But drove it to work today and its been good so far so we'll see.

Thanks for all help guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MellowVR4

Yeah she is driving great right now, considering its not tuned on the current setup yet. I'm running about 20-23 psi but my timing I think is very conservative right now. So hopefully that's where my power will come to life. Shooting for over 400hp 450 would be great but we'll see.

kumfasa

I had a similar situation when I installed my Innovate WB. It worked well for about an hour and then just started to read full lean. I checked all the wiring as it was a fresh install and it all checked out. I pulled the sensor and tested it out of the exhaust with a rag soaked in brakeclean and it swept the full range of rich to lean??? I went through the calibration process one more time, re-installed it and it has been fine ever since. I still don't know why it misbehaved.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned