The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just introducting myself

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting wingnuts:
Hey guys my name is Jeff and i just picked myself up a 91 black vr4. (18/2000)

Is it 14 or 18? If it is 18, please fix your profile.

ApexHunter

Welcome. Great color that Nile Black /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You say you are committed to this project, that is a necessity with these cars. I wouldn't say they are exceptionally difficult to work on, but they are old and kind of masochistic it seems. That said having a clean, healthy GVR4 is more gratifying than just about any other road legal turbo AWD offering stateside that's relatively easy to acquire.

Throw a heatshield on that exhaust mani! That charge hose that runs over top the exh manifold looks like the one that was on 1951 when i got it. Previous owner wasn't using the heatshield which melted that hose in the same spot. I had to tape mine up also until i bought a replacement. It wasn't long till the tape gave up and it started leaking.

Welcome to the org. You couldn't of picked a better car, but you could've did better on the color. You know your roomates is faster from the factory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Summit white FTW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
Good shape or not, tackle all your proper maintenance first off for sure. These cars hate weak belts. As far as a clutch, it depends on your purpose for the car is. A DD or a weekend warrior?

LOL whattt! what do you mean his is faster from the factory? meh oh well. Thanks for the tip apex ill order one for it and replace that taped up tube with the new one i got with the car. Question though for the guys really puttin some power out, I was given a posi 4 bolt rear end with the car (the one i have in the trunk in the photo) Is it worth the time to put it in right now or should i just keep it for an extra if my current one shits out on me? My current rear end is also a 4 bolt with 4 bolt drive shaft i was planning to just keep that in there until i felt like i really needed the other one but if its worth puttin in there let me know!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned