The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Interseting Finds

Hittman

click

I laughed at the spoiler section....but its pretty cool seeing how many different wings can go onto a galant...Im liking the R32 non GTR

Hittman

Also this information is pretty informative if you read through (and speak japanese)...

I always seem to find random sites with things like this...I just purchased 1991 #747, and Im looking for aesthetic mods only.

Muskrat

Quote:
...and Im looking for aesthetic mods only.

Please sell it and buy a Civic.

2of9

Quoting Hittman:
Also this information is pretty informative if you read through (and speak japanese)...

I always seem to find random sites with things like this...I just purchased 1991 #747, and Im looking for aesthetic mods only.

really? just get a Civic or Cavelier...something other than a Galant VR4.

JSchleim18

Give him a chance...Aesthetic mods doesn't mean ricer wings, body kits, etc.

IF he gets some JDM Bumpers, JDM Hood, goes wingless, changes the front grille and headlights, then I'd consider then appropriate aesthetic mods.

Not everyone wants to roll in 300 WHP+ cars all the time.

Keep it modestly modified and enjoy the car for the looks of it (not usually associated with the VR-4)

381gvr4

Use Babelfish to translate!

prove_it

I'm with jschleim on this, how many of us have put good looking rims on, changed bumpers, changed paint schemes, put home depot racing front lips on, 93 headlights, swapped rear tails, new rear spoilers, changed exhaust to look better, swapped out grills, swapped for amber corners or amber bumper lights, painted our dash needles, etc. etc. etc.

That's all done to make our own car, ours.

Muskrat

^^ Good points, IF that's what he's after. The way he presented it made it sound like he's looking for a body kit.

I feel like there's a difference between "aesthetic mods" and swapping out different OEM parts. But that's just me.

SmoothCustomer

If you actually looked through that link he posted you may have seen that it was mostly stuff from other cars and non ricer crap.

Polish

Quoting JSchleim18:

IF he gets some JDM Bumpers, JDM Hood, goes wingless, changes the front grille and headlights, then I'd consider then appropriate aesthetic mods.

Keep it modestly modified and enjoy the car for the looks of it (not usually associated with the VR-4)

Exactly.

Everyone is so quick to judge. Excellent post J. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Barnes

I think the R-32 non-GTR win looks fantastic.

turbowop

I think Jordan's car is mostly aesthetic body mods, or at least USDM to JDM swapped parts. Looks damn good. I'm okay with just that stuff as long as it's done clean.

BTW, the only wings that I think look good in that link are the AMG and non-GTR Skyline. The others all look horrible and tacky. The car just doesn't have the correct lines to flow with a wing that sits up as high as the Evos. I think that car with the DTM wing is one of KC's old ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/keke.gif Sorry, KC, but that wing was hideous. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:

JSchleim18

I was going to post his car as an example. It's extremely clean and it's a JDM 4G63 motor swap. Nothing super motor wise but the thing is drool worthy

fivestardsm

Quoting BarnesMobile:
I think the R-32 non-GTR win looks fantastic.

+Juan!

I have always liked that look. I found that picture around 5yrs ago, and have looked for one myself. I found one a couple years back, but of course I didnt have the money at the time. I belive that and maybe the BMW spoiler would be the only ones that I personaly would use, along with the AMG.

Last edited:

Boostdtalon

well now i don't have to wonder. honestly i myself have no plans to change the spoiler from OEM. like it was stated before. it just doesn't have the correct lines to work with some other types of wings/spoilers. some of the evo wings made me shiver in disgust.

jcgalntvr4-244

I spy KC's old car in there

Hittman

Whoa whoa WHOA....

FIRST OF ALL...my VR4 is 100% BONE STOCK...and I plan on keeping it that way for as long as possible.

When I say aesthetic mods...I mean aesthetics...not once did I mention body kits or damn F&F spoilers...for those of you who caught on...i meant JDM

I mean geeze I sourced a damn Japanese page for you all to see what different spoilers look like on the VR4 (I havent seen that on this site yet)

:x

on to the pics

9334_673743750117_15606265_38643949_3981809_n.jpg

9334_673743755107_15606265_38643950_1427579_n.jpg

9334_673743760097_15606265_38643951_2687787_n.jpg

oh yea...I own an Evo too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9334_670679061777_15606265_38533884_125740_n.jpg

but seriously BODY KITS? c'mon stop hating

Last edited:

Hittman

Oh yea...and I forgot to mention, I have a couple of AMG aesthetics on the way for #747...now does that make me a ricer? or just a subtle enthusiest? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Hittman

Quoting JSchleim18:

Co-Sign /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned