The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

In need of resurrection

gtluke

I'm a linux user, you don't think I support social collaboration? I just don't support forcing you to help out. I donate a sh*t ton of my own time and money into making car websites roll. Because I want to, not because I have to. I can get out of it whenever I want, unlike government programs that force me to participate my raping my wallet.

CarRacer

Right......

So some nobody in NJ has appointed him the VR4 despot who determines who can sell their car. That sounds like a very elective decision.

Get bent.

gtluke

half this thread is from NJ, wtf are you talking about?

CarRacer

I'm talking about you, gtluke, being a chowderhead. Who are you to tell people what to do with their personal property?

Quoting NateCrisman:
The way I look at the situation is this:

There are more GVR4 cars than there are true GVR4 enthusiasts. Yes, it's a rare car with low production #. BUT just about every GVR4 enthusiast already owns one already. This is pretty much fact as there are always plenty of gvr4s on the car: for sale section that sit for months and months. Even the really nice ones with heavy modifications that are asking less than 1/2 the cost of just the mods alone aren't selling.

I really could see everyone's "shame in a partout" if there was any inkling of demand for the cars whole, but there just isn't. If it that important to you guys that one never gets parted out and crushed, then why are you not buying up these cars since they are cheap with no demand. Why? Because you already have one or two already that may be nicer.

Personally, I already own 931/2000. Im looking to pick up another shell that is in nicer condition to avoid bodywork & paint. But after I swap all my drivetrain and modifications onto the better shell, what am I to do with my 200k mile "dented & peeling" rolling chassis (TMU title too)? I'm sure you guys will try to crucify me, but my bet is that there will be no interest in the shell and my only choice to be rid of it is a part out & scrap. If someone wants to give me $1500 (worth about than that to part out) for #931 as a rolling shell I'd be glad to sell it like that. But my guess is I could offer it at $500 and it will still kill a 16'x5' spot of grass in my yard.

I sure as hell don't need two of these cars to work on, and I won't keep it as a lawn ornament!

Id buy it for 500 :).

gtluke

Quoting CarRacer:
I'm talking about you, gtluke, being a chowderhead. Who are you to tell people what to do with their personal property?

Where did I tell anyone to do anything? You're a f***ing idiot.
Here I'll tell you to do something, get f***ing bent.

CarRacer

Quoting gtluke:
here's how it's our business what you do with your car. ....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/orly2.jpg

That sounds like you want your opinion to matter in a decision I make about my property.

Your opinion means sh*t, because you are an idiot luke.

gtluke

yeah, completely out of context. in fact, it was me explaining how nobody is being told what to do with their car, just what they can do on a website that is not theirs.

Barnes

Well. If they are gonna part it out anyways, better on here than elsewhere right?

gtluke

if not here, the money would not be worth doing it.

NateCrisman

Everyone mark Airmail's words.

NateCrisman

Quoting gtluke:
if not here, the money would not be worth doing it.

If noone could sell used GVR4 parts here, due to some site rule, the club would die out due to every car being a pos 19 year old mitsu with no replacement parts available.

Then migrate elsewhere for GVR4 parts to some other site where the parts can be sold. (dsmtuners/talk, Ebay, local boards, whatever)

You cannot stop the market. Just because some website doesn't allow part sales doesn't make the demand for the parts go away. It just makes the people who want the parts to go away. The club members get the shaft in being able to improve and maintain the breed

Honestly, I think if you were to poll all of GalantVR4's members you would find a 75/25 split or better against banning used part sales or parting out GVR4s. The community in general seems to value being able to actually get the items they need over "saving" a few cars. Just look at this thread for a small sample.

And without this site, a GVR4 would still be worth it to part out, as everything would just sell on ebay. Remember, all to $ parts are the same as 1G's. I can sell a 4G63T engine & drivetrain, electronics, turbo system, fuel system, and suspension to any jackoff from DSMtuners or ebay just as easy as I can here. But I would rather deal with a good close knit community, as Im sure everyone else here does. But, it would work just as well on ebay.

Last edited:

gtluke

don't change this argument into used parts.
this is about destroying gvr4's
almost none of the parts we require actually need to come from a gvr4.
try parting out an SVO mustang. they are worth a fortune in parts because so much of it is unique. it's almost impossible to sell your parts because you'll so quickly be banned and alienated from all the top sites and from everyone that owns one.
it helps keep more on the road and helps keep the community full of people who actually WANT the car.

NateCrisman

I view reality exactly opposite of your theory. You still have not come up with any argument against why NOONE WANTS THE DAMN CARS! Why do some community members freak out at the destruction of undesirable cars that sit for months and months and months unsold and unwanted?

And why do part outs generate so much interest to where people are literally bickering about who gets first dibs at oem stock parts? I had like 18 people jumping up and down to get the 828 badge, front bumper, and some ground effect parts.

You must have your head wrapped around this community totally backwards. Banning partouts and destruction of GVR4's on GalantVR4.org would only alienate people from THIS site. There are plenty of other websites out there, and nearly every member here is a member at some other DSM site as well. Do a poll, find out the truth. I doubt you would save a single car, only push members and cars away & diminish the community.

Yeah, doglegs, all the ground effects, leather interiors wings, tail lights, turbo galant wiring harnesses, bumpers, wheels: all that stuff easily snagged of a Talon TSI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Your arguement can't work both ways. Either the cars are really unique and "wouldn't be worth parting" if not for the GVR4 community and GalantVR4.org. OR they are mostly the same as DSM's all the maintenance parts are same as DSM, thus they could be parted out and sold on any DSM website/community just as well as a generic 1g AWD. So which is it? Or does it only work FOR you in your mind both ways? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Yes, partouts help keep more on the road and helps keep the community full of people who actually WANT the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Cheap replacement parts availability is a cornerstone of why the community and the cars are still going somewhat strong. Even if the community is thinning out, people moving on, and leaving the demand for cars lagging behind the availability of cars.

3000 cars may be rare, but when there are only 1000 people who want one...rarity goes out the window.

Last edited:

gtluke

most of that crap comes on front end clips from jdm imports, and most of us update that crap with jdm/evo/amg parts so you have that option, or buying the parts we just took off our cars.
i've had my galant longer than almost everyone on this board yet i've never purchased a part off of a parted out gvr4.

some guy came up to you at the track on friday with his phone number because he's been trying to fine one. about 30 seconds later you were talking about buying another galant to part out.

NateCrisman

Yup, that kid came up to me looking to buy a GVR4, and what did I tell him: "go on Galantvr4.org and there are about 20 for sale at any given time. You have choice". And his reply: "I'm too lazy to go sign up for another forum". Yeah, real serious buyer thats going to have $3000+ for a Gvr4. Casey Pirro 570-872-7906 THIS KID WANTS A GVR4. Anyone reading this selling one....give him a call.

All those parts come on JDM front clips. AND? I had no trouble selling every one of those USDM parts before they were even taken off the car for good prices. EVERYONE is not into JDM-YO and AMG. I personally would just rather have good condition USA parts over expensive JDM parts and there are plenty of members who share that.

Im looking to improve my GVR4. Im going to buy another shell in better condition because I WANT A NICE CLEAN UNDENTED body. But I don't need 2 bodies, so #931 will have to go. I'd gladly sell it as a roller after I swap my excellent drivetrain and mods into a new shell, but I'm smart enough to realize right now that noone wants it for within a grand of it's worth in parts. Airmail "thinks" he wants it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif but I'm not going to hold my breath.

And you lie. You took a two of GVR4 engine mounts FROM ME that you KNEW came off #828. Granted, you didn't buy them, I gave them to you. You even commented that "oh good" they were Gvr4 specific ones since the drivers side mounts had that little square weight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Trying to pass yourself off as "holier than thou" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Luke is just worried that if Jesus comes back he'll have nothing to drive if all the GVR4's are dead or parted out!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

In all seriousness, it sucks to see a potentially good car parted out, but if no one is willing to pay a fair amount for it (or even 50% of a fair amount) then what should the seller do with it? I sold a roller to Juan for like $500 just because I wanted it out of here. If I had the time and energy I could have picked it clean and gotten $1500. That's just the reality of it and until they become rare enough that a basket case is worth more than its collective parts that's the way its going to work. You are the "free market" guy, right?

John

gtluke

that reminds me, utah was supposed to draw those for me, he's got my prothane inserts too!

and yes i'm for free market, but it does work all ways. hertz is FREE to ban partouts on his site. he's also free to tell me to piss off. free market means that nobody can tell hertz what to do with this place.

NateCrisman

Hertz is a part-out parts buyer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Am I free to tell you to piss off? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Noone was even suggesting Hertz do anything with his site other than you insinuating the "club" should not tolerate part-outs and "ridiculous" GVR4 destruction. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting gtluke:
free market means that nobody can tell hertz what to do with this place.

But you're saying that its wrong to allow parts outs so in effect that's what you're doing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts