The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

IDLE WONT STAY

galantrevolution

on my 91 vr4 the idle bounce from 500 to 900 and i know is runing rich b cause it didnt pass smog, can somebody have the problem before

atc250r

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Can someone translate that?

Last edited:

Have you tried setting the BISS as per the VFAQ:
click
If that doesn't work, it could be that your ECU has damage or your idle controller stepper motor (ISC) is bad. Try setting the BISS first.

raptorWagon

Quoting galantrevolution:

The idle on my car is bouncing from 500-900RPMs, I know it's running rich, because it didn't pass emissions. Has anyone had this problem before?

Cleaned up,

but still doesn't make much sense with the provided information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Where's wop when you need him. Wow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif
I agree with keydiver. It definitely sounds like the idle screw, or ecu. Luckily my experience with the idle surge was just the screw.

boostedinaz

Quoting galantrevolution:
on my 91 vr4 the idle bounce from 500 to 900 and i know is runing rich b cause it didnt pass smog, can somebody have the problem before

You need to start typing in a coherant manner. If you aren't then you will find that you get little or no help. This isn't a chat room, were not high schools girls, and we expect some type of decent sentence structure.

As for your problem it coul dbe a host of things. As with any good 4G63 fix start with a leak test and make sure you have no boost leaks. After that make sure your idle is adjusted properly by the VFAQ. If that doesn't work then it could be the IAC has gone out or that your FIAV is dead.

Try a few of those then get back to us.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned