The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Golden ring fells out of trans?? (urgent help needed)

All right then, I was following this

vfaq trans fix

When I got that outer case of the trans, that big golden ring fells out, its the one that is on the top 36mm nut..

Is it normal that it fells out or that it sits loose? Can I just put it back on there and put that outer case back together?

It landed on my hands so no damage was done on that ring.

My trans is a F3M33 trans..

EDIT: Sorry, I mean F5M33 trans..

Last edited by a moderator:

turbowop

I think that's fairly normal for the synchro to fall out. There should be a wavey washer/ring that sits in the endcase that hold it on when the endcase is bolted up.

Yes, there is a wavey washer/ring thing on the endcase!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Damn was I scared when I saw that thing fall out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

grocery_getter

When putting it back with the tranny in a horizontal position, use a little bit of wheel bearing grease to hold the reverse synchro in place, and make sure the wave spring on the cover is installed right as well before remarrying them both together.

spoulson

You've discovered the... Golding Ring of Destiny *lightning* *thunder*
Put it back or be cursed with years of broken transmissions and transfer cases.

It has been put together now, thank you all for your help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1990ggsxnj

Unfortunately, the curse remains...*audience sobs*

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned