The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

how many of yall daily your gvr4

gtluke

since fall of 2000
but I stopped driving it into the city regularly. I usually just commute to the office and it's got a bike rack so I drive it to the trails for mountain biking.
It's about to hit 280k

thecman02

My Galant has been my DD this fall. I want to keep her off the road when the salt flies this year.

theevozero

I drove mine from 2007 to January 2013. I bought an Integra for $500 to dd. I took that thing EVERYWHERE, including the great white north, where I lived for a short while during school. It did great in the ice/snow, other than the occasional e-brake freeze up. It HAS left me stranded twice, but both times I shredded 4th gear and decided it would be better for the rest of the trans to call a tow. Owning a race car/daily was getting to expensive for me(tires, fluids, general maint), so the integra was a great thing for me to have. Now I treat my vr4 like its worth its weight in gold.

GSX_TC

I daily mine everyday to and from work between two jobs, and take her to as many meets/events as I can so I can enjoy the car as much as possible. I'm the crazy asshole who drive theirs over 5000 miles from California to Ohio and then back. I love long drives in that car.

idreamidrive

I daily mine, but grab the civic every once in a while. Trying to sell the civic though. I just drive the civic to not have it crap out on me.

I only drive 5 miles to work and get about 19 mpg with the galant. The civic was getting 31, but it is only a 5 mile commute, so who cares.

theevozero

I'd keep the Civic. Although, you might be able to get more than its worth during gas crunch times.

slowpoke

1833 is mine

GVR41380

i drive my VR4 everyday to a from work, right now in chicago its like 28 degrees and my car loves this weather!!

donkeylips

I daily drive 924/1000 and I daily drove 108/1000 for a year. Used to do 50+ miles a day, now it's only 2 miles to work each way. It's nice to not worry as much about keeping it reliable, but the long commute ensured that I'm on top of maintenance/repairs. The car is about to crack in half from rust though.

With the combination of it being on one of its last winters (due to rust), the short commute, and rallyx events, I'm sure it will leave me stranded at some point.

So far the major issues I've had while daily driving were a transmission exploding and an oil pressure sending unit snapping off and dumping oil everywhere. Luckily the low oil pressure light was working, because I had actually taken the oil pressure gauge out of the car at the time.
Not to say that the car doesn't have horrible problems. Like right now the exhaust is broken, the struts are completely blown, the RR caliper sticks (leaving the parking brake unusable this time of year). It always reeks of fuel and exhaust. The idle surge is nearly unbearable.

EMX5636

I have been halfway dailying my car for the last 5-6 years. I like to drive it about half the week to-from work and if I have time, a little on the weekends. Put close to 20k on the engine and original built trans. I have about 1500 miles on the Liberty box.

BluFalcon

Originally bought #521/1000 to be a daily driver, while my 90 Talon stayed in the garage and helped keep it from flying away. Dailied it for about two years, then decided to sell the Talon and try to regain some sanity and money by only having one project car. Parts that were slated for the Talon wound up on the GVR-4, and along the way I managed to acquire JDM bumpers, hood and some other assorted parts along with a paint job.

Car spends more time in the garage than on the road, because if I got into a accident with it, I'd probably shoot the person who hit me.

I'm too pretty for prison.

jnava

Staff member
I'm too pretty for prison.

customimageyh_zps8f87fca8.jpg

turbofonz

Drive mine every day. Or my Talon. My only 2 cars.

Ralli380Gvr4

I've been daily-ing 380 for the last 5 months, fully registered and insured. I've put ~3000 miles on her and ~206,000 on the clock.

coyotes

Been daily driving mine also, although i only got it a week ago and I only work 4 days a week.

Currently at 163xxx miles

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned