The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help with meth/water injection

prove_it

You can spray meth, I was referring to potential damage from puddled meth, poor spray, no meth in bottle. There are chances that it could cause an issue.

It's not common. Once you mentioned running a B16G I realized your talking 40lbs/min airflow, and meth won't make a huge noticeable power with a small turbo. Your much better off with conservative timing and pushing 25psi without meth.

Meth won't get you a magical 60whp, I'd put money on 20whp with tuning. It's your project and it won't hurt to run it(as long as the system is functioning properly), but it's not going to make the 16g act like a 60-1 or hx35.

Plenty of people have hit 300whp with 91 octane on a B16g.

EMX5636

My car on it's old turbine housing made 35-40 more whp with meth than straight pump. The gains are there, but obviously is setup dependent.

prove_it

I'm interested in seeing what it can do.

prove_it

I'd like to look over your link files too once your done. I'm geeky like that. I like to see what others run and different set-ups, that is as long as your ok with it.

prove_it

send me a 3rd or 4th gear log and I'll have a look.

Fiascoxl

After I get mine fixed this week I am going to order another nozzle to run pre turbo. It still has a ton of timing overhead but I want to get the dual nozzle in place before I start ramping it up.

Last edited:

vr4hotness

Waiting to get a tune , they been book .

My cooling mist meth kit comes in Friday so I will be installing it right when ups drops it off

donniekak

Quoting vr4hotness:
Once I get in for my pro tune I will post results here

Is this a Subaru forum? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

transparentdsm

Quoting vr4hotness:
Pro tune = is a professional tune but that term is used in the Subaru world lol

yeah......

good luck tomorrow and have fun!!!!

Mdlimy

I may have missed it but what kind of fail safe will you be using? Does link allow and input for low fluid level/no flow/low pressure to trigger your maps to pull timing and add fuel for the lack of meth, or vice versa?

I've got a water meth setup from my last car I will be installing soon. I will be using the nitrous map on my aem to pull fuel and add timing when it sees a signal from a flow sensor in my meth line, I'll also be wiring in a low level sensor that won't let the pump run if level gets too low.

prove_it

Link does not support additional sensor input for low meth level or line pressure. It merely activates the solenoids, your better off using a external controller with link providing the signal to the controller to inject the meth.

Mdlimy

I have never bothered with controllers, I just use a boost activated switch to turn the pump on or open a solenoid, then it just sprays at 100% duty.

Does link not allow secondary map tuning for meth injection? Or even nitrous?

If not I hope you have a clear warning light to tell you when the system has stopped injecting. Unless of course you don't plan on tuning for the water/meth and are just using it for the increase in detonation ceiling and lowered iats. I prefer to get the most out of it and tune in the additional timing and lean out the rich mixture while spraying.

You could always setup a two stage boost controller, and retune your timing and fuel on the high boost portion of the map and leave the low boost portion safe for no water/meth and use a warning light for low pressure/low flow and when you see that light come on just make sure you have your boost controller set to low /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned