The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Head bolt thread size

Are you talking about the bolts that hold the head to the block?
If so, then it should be M12 x 1.25 for a 6 bolt motor.

I'm pretty sure that's right. When I looked it up on google and dsmtuners it said that 6 bolt are 12 x 1.25 and 7 bolts are 11 x 1.25.
but since I don't have one on me right now, I can't prove it without a doubt lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Struc

That's correct - 11mm for 2G. Not sure about 1G 7-bolts, though. They might still be 12mm. Pretty sure all 1G heads have wide bolt holes.

1g 7 bolts do use the smaller 11mm bolts for sure. I used a 94 plymouth laser turbo engine in my first swapped colt and it had them.

There ya go! if you're looking for a set of bolts for a 6 bolt, I've got a set of used 6 bolt ARP studs.
I'll be honest, I bought em a while back and they're still in the unopened box cuz I didn't know my car already had them when I did the head swap, so I'd have to make sure everything's there and all good first.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned