The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hard block no water pump

Olson

You know how much a steel billet block would cost.... and weight?

bazeng

Both my cars are filled to the bottom of the freeze plug. no over heating issues whatsoever.
The only signs of over heating was during a knock out drag race where i had about 5 runs back to back with no cool down time. It started climbing towards the end.

So not ideal for track car imo.

JNR

Quoting Olson:
You know how much a steel billet block would cost.... and weight?

Oh yeah, bet it's not cheap, but doing things correctly costs, although if you're resourceful not as bad as you may think. The weight wouldn't be *that* much more than a dense cast iron (for strength) block...

OK, maybe something like this doesn't exist, so now's a good opportunity to accomplish both: 1000 hp + cooling passages /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Surely it could be done.

I understand the alternative need though in this case, but just too bad you couldn't do something like that.

Last edited:

Terrance362

Quoting EMX5636:
No, I'm talking about running the car on Methanol. No pump/race fuel, E85 etc. Injectors are about $2k IIRC. But the fuel is so cold that it doesn't require an IC and helps limit engine temps at all times.

There are tons of more info, but here's a short thread from EvoM.

Link

So I looked into some 2150s and Far as I know they can handle the meth. But I am looking into pumps right now.

onesickcrx

I dont think 2150's are enough for meth and 900hp off top of my head

EMX5636

onesickcrx is right. You could get by with 8 2150's though. Basically take a sick E85 fuel setup, and double it for methanol.

curtis

Go research the straight meth on the RX7 board's. I did an intake for a local guy that was building a rotary. He had the stock placements on the lower intake 4 new bungs on the upper and then addition hoses running from solenoids. Total alcohol was like 13,500cc a minute, yes 13 thousand. Rotaries just spit it out if they don't use it, but those guys know the ins and outs of the stuff

Terrance362

Oh my.....I talked to my friend last night and he is running 8 1600's on a filled block with haltech and he suggested the 2150's.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned