The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

gvr4+DSMLINK

belize1334

I use dexterity...

...and also a pair of very small flat-head screwdrivers.

manikbastrd

That was my method of choice and it worked out great...link v3 went in without a hitch and I proceeded to install my fpr and a walbro255hp...did a street tune on the car and it's running great...the fic 650's are only at about 50-60% injector duty cycle and I'm running a solid 11.5 across the board...a little richer toward top en just to be safe...got some phantom knock but I don't think I can really avoid it...word of advice to anyone lookin to put in a walbro, buy the pump for a 2g dsm I have heard they mate up a little better than the 1g. Mine is ok but the stock bottom metal bracket for securing the pump doesn't fit...I am very happy with my set up. List as follows:
16g turbo pushing 15peak and 13psi normally
FIC650 cc injectors..
Walbro 255 hp
innovate motorsports LM1 wideband o2
DSMlink v3
2g exhaust manifold
3 inch mandrel bent turbo back exhaust no cat magnaflow muffler
aws delete /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif drove my buddies vr4 stealth with it and loved it
coilovers with eibach springs
amsoil air filter feeding a 2g mas
amsoil engine oil, RP diffs tcase and tranny...might want to go to something heavier for the tranny
TRE built first though third gear
ACT2100 clutch
egt an boost gauge in dual A pillar mount...
Goodyear eagle rubber sitting on 17 inchers that I hate...
And most importantly of all evo8 shft knob(adds +10hp)
next stop fmic and water meth injection!!!

conquesttsi

Glad to hear the problem wasn't as bad as you had thought. Even better news that it's v3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

belize1334

IMHO you should wait a while on the water injection. You can get alot of a 16g w/ just a good FMIC and it'll be easier to tune. Then, once you know that your setup is good you can add the injection if you want. Even so, a 16g will run out of it's efficiency range before a good FMIC gets maxed out. I'd wait until you're running a bigger turbo at much higher boost pressure before you start looking at injection.

BoostedAWD91

Which shop around pa or surrounding area is the best for tuning with dsmlink. Just got v3 and wanna have it professionally tuned

manikbastrd

Have you already done a street tune? If you have a wideband it's really easy IMHO...

BoostedAWD91

no i havent installed it yet. once i install it here in the next few weeks im gonna use their base map and tune it on the street to the best of my knowledge and then take it to have it dyno tuned and to see how much power its putting down

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned