The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 A/C tensioner

trunks

I'm pretty sure they are. Three bolts attach it. Two in towards the firewall and one up on the side on the engine.

cbr900turbo

You are correct I finally was able to find mine, after finding numerous 1G brackets. They are very different. So Inconclusion all the A/C brackets and compressor are different. Now I blew out the pressure relief valve on the compressor does anyone have any idea where to source a new one?

Okayplayer

There is an expansion valve on rockauto.com. Is that what you are looking for?

cbr900turbo

Nope the txv is in the dash with the evaporator. I'm looking for the high pressure relif pop off valve that screws into the back of the compressor. I have one from a 1G and it has a different thread size.

89Mirageman

The na 6th gen galants use the same bracket and tensioner. They just brought a few of these into the local yard if you need one I can grab it on my next trip.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned