The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR-4 Evo 'Zero' owner from NZ

hi there i am astounded by this car it is absolutly immaculate do you still own it by any chance

citymunky

Super clean, I wish I had a Black GVR-4

talontyme

you can want to trade lol j/k.Man when I see cars that clean I want to move to japan(so I can pay $6 a gallon to drive a super clean galant).

fuel

Quoting DrMitsi:
hi there i am astounded by this car it is absolutly immaculate do you still own it by any chance

Hi, yes I still own it. I probably wouldn't be selling it anytime soon, unless of course the right offer comes along.

fuel

I'll just dump some new pics here

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

IMG_2874.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

Still an amazing looking car. very very well done. BTW on the shift boot you can flip the console upside down and screw that shift boot where the factory one screwed to and it would help out with the sag.

Jesse

fuel

yeah the shift boot is one thing which bugs me, it's an aftermarket one and I want to find an OEM type one from a later 7G/8G Galant and adapt to fit along with get the shifter shortened a little (along with new bushes). The edges of the center console where the shift boot sits is slightly damaged too so I want to find a whole new good condition center console.

cab222

beautiful car

Very sexy, very clean. The only thing that could make it look sexier would be a nice coat of SW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif SWFTW!

fuel

Quoting Dbossman:
Very sexy, very clean. The only thing that could make it look sexier would be a nice coat of SW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif SWFTW!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is SW?

fuel

Quoting RedTwo:
Swap for my listing plus cash my way?
Woah! sorry, flashback to bad trademe auctions...

Swapz no hondas

RedTwo

Quoting fuel:
Quoting Dbossman:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is SW?

I think it's Summit White, which I think is pretty close to the white used on the RS

fuel

ah yep thought as much! 'Lamp black', which is what mine supposedly is, is where it's at!

stealthtt24

Holy good god that is an amazing car. You care to say what you paid in American for it?

fuel

NZ$7000 at the beginning of 2009, which at the time would have been perhaps US$4500-5000. Now NZ$7000 is approx US$5400 as either our dollar has climbed, or your dollar has dropped (or a combination of both). Considering modified examples done up to not everyone's taste sell for about the same amount I felt I got a good deal, as it's perhaps one of only a few in the country left in this original tidy condition. The price of VR-4s has actually been on the rise over the last 5-10 years, back in the early 2000's I recall VR-4s (especially the earlier 87-89 pre-facelift examples) selling for as low as $4000-5000 in reasonably tidy order, but as they are no longer able to be imported into the country (which was true 3-6 years ago, but since then we can now import pre-1990 examples again) and as the good examples one by one were taken off the road (either stolen, crashed or parted out) there isn't many for sale to choose from now and therefore the prices have been climbing, and have reached a peak and have comfortably sat there for a few years.

Quoting fuel:
"Forgive my ignorance, but what is SW?"

SW is summit white. That is correct. Whites meant to be on these cars although black on black looks nice also. How many options came from NZ?

fuel

what do you mean by 'how many options came from NZ?'. None of the Galant VR-4s were locally available, we had a locally assembled N/A model Galants of varying trims but the VR-4 was never sold new here - all the 6G VR-4s on our roads came from Japan as used imports, mine came into the country in 2001. So the 'options' we had were whatever the first owner in Japan chose. We did eventually get 8G VR-4s sold here locally as NZDM spec models from 1998 through to 2003.

I was reffering to color options rather than engine and trim packages. Should of been more specific.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned