The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Guys with Civic Radiators !!!

willyp20

I put a civic rad in mine too. Very much like yours. Except I used a 3/8 npt pipe tap and tapped the drain cock to accept the temp sensor. I see that you still have a/c on your car. Is the rad enought to keep it cool in the warm summers? Also are you running a 50/50 mix or water wetter and water only?

bobdole

FYI: This company makes a nice civic Radiator.

click

A local shop to me sell them.

click

willyp20

Quoting OMFGeofffff:
^^^^ I plan on picking up a civic radiator this week. What size is our temp sensor? I have to drill it out and tap it correct? I just want to be prepared ahead of time when the radiator arrives.

3/8 NPT. Worked for me. I believe I used a 14.5mm drill and the tap was alittle tight going in. I did it a thread at a time so I could get the depth correct. Used WD 40 to ensure it didnt clog the threads on the tap. Works well in the drain plug hole.

Nice detailed pics Bazeng. That radiator looks identical to the one I'm running.

I've got my a/c fixed & my factory temp gauge hasn't gone up like with the other fan I was running. This fan is larger & I recommend anyone doing this to go with the largest fan you can fit in the space. With the other fan I was around 210 degrees under normal conditions & it would go up in traffic with the a/c on. I contemplated putting another fan infront of the radiator but I'm glad I just went with a larger fan. I think I'm going to replace my factory condensor fan as well. It seems to pull a lot of juice when it comes on.

OMFGeofffff

Quoting willyp20:
I put a civic rad in mine too. Very much like yours. Except I used a 3/8 npt pipe tap and tapped the drain cock to accept the temp sensor. I see that you still have a/c on your car. Is the rad enought to keep it cool in the warm summers? Also are you running a 50/50 mix or water wetter and water only?

I assum you just unscrew the temp sensor to drain your coolant then. Seems like a hassle but it might be a better idea than drilling a brand new hole through the endtank. I'm torn between the two.

bazeng

Quoting willyp20:

I'm using 1 bottle of water wetter and the rest straight water.

We don't have freezing temps here in MELBOURNE / AUS so I don't have to run coolant with it.

willyp20

I also used one bottle and the rest water. We dont see cold temps in the summer so I will be good to go. I will run a 50/50 mix in the winter though. It will be plenty to keep it cool in the cold temps I believe. And as for draining the rad. No I plan on leaving the temp sensor in so I dont wear out the threads and just poping the lower hose off to drain it. Alot faster and more messy but I am not concerned with the mess.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned