The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

good benefits of 2g exhaust manif tapped for egt? evo3 mani?

citymunky

I'm talking about just starting from a red light. Even 285mm tires in rear, boost level set to 5.5 PSI (WG spring pre-load) I was still going sideways leaving the light.

Anymore smart comments? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif Was it snowing or raining? I don't think I would have a problem leaving a light in any car in just rain. Are you sidestepping the clutch at 5500rpm at stoplights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Perhaps some better tires are in order? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

Last edited:

citymunky

Yes more smart comments.

Nope, just normal driving on any surface that was wet I was sliding. Even stating in 2nd gear I was sliding. Tires were Toyo T1R's.

beaner

You're leaving a red light at 5.5psi in the rain so you adjust your boost controller? I don't get it.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting citymunky:
Yes more smart comments.

Nope, just normal driving on any surface that was wet I was sliding. Even stating in 2nd gear I was sliding. Tires were Toyo T1R's.

You need to learn to drive...

I can drive my car all day on 0psi, simply by regulating use of the gas pedal, I'm not sure if you're stupid or trolling... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

citymunky

Ok. This has gone far enought. I don't know if all you guys are just only drive DSMs/GVR4's. But when you buy a real RWD car (no 240SX's)-build the motor->go FI->put down over 570 RWHP at 12 PSI-> go drive on a wet surface and not go sideway from a start I want to be there. Now I'm not talking going sideway to the point were you are going to crash in the car in the next lane like those 2 Vettes. I'm talking about a enought that you can feel the rear end sliding as the tires search for traction. And that's on good tires.

As far as me perferring a External WG over a crappy Internal WG because I perfer a EBC over a MBC because I can choose my boost level from the drivers seat. That's just it, its what I perfer. I give a ex of how used my EBC to drop from 12 PSI to 5.5PSI with the push of a button because after my old car had almost no lag and any bip of the gas pass 2500 RPM's put you into boost. Also don't forget about the RWTQ at low RPMs and add a 6speed tranny with short 1 and 2 gears than climb the RPM range in the blink of a eye. You guys at like all boosted cars act the same, go take a GT3 (just a ex) in the rain and tell me its not go a bit sideways while leaving from a stop.

Now to bring this thread back on track, I answered the OP's question unlike anybody else. And you guys are telling me if you had his manifold that came with a external WG that you would not use it?

Last edited:

beaner

Quoting citymunky:
But when you buy a real RWD car

who are you talking to? i daily drove a blown ctsv through everything michigan has to offer with ease. youre talking about problems leaving a red light in the rain on a turbo car and using the boost controller to help.

Quoting citymunky:
As far as me perferring a External WG over a crappy Internal WG because I perfer a EBC over a MBC because I can choose my boost level from the drivers seat.

9ICJys.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned