The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GalantVR41062 - Mini Photoshoot Inside

Chim55117

Our local MN forum, MitsuStyle held its annual spring dyno day at DB Performance in Rogers, MN. I met up with GalantVR41062, aka John LaCroix. Car looked great, John was nice and let me snap some photos of the VR-4. John's always been a great guy to talk to, and has given me advice on my own build adventures with my VR-4, 46/1000. Thanks again John! Best of luck breaking some records this season! Hope you enjoy the shots!

- Stephen

[Click for hi-res pics]

Last edited:

Galantvr41062

Thanks for the nice pics. It felt good to get a few break in miles on motor. It will be on the dyno some time this week, then to Grove Creek next saturday for some 60' testing. And if the car makes it threw all that I want to go to Rock Falls on June 4th to take another shot at the record.

~John

OMFGeofffff

John that car is sick. My car made it in the background in one of those pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif HAHA. Here's another one of yours.

EDIT: Stephen I'm pretty sure I got your arm in this pic haha.

Last edited:

CutlassJim

My friend has that exact same Supra but in Targa form with a 1JZ in it.

cheekychimp

I love the carbon roof ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Where the hell is your car Stephen?

Chim55117

Paul, I'm short of in a time and cash crunch right now, which is why my car isn't done yet. I've actually been talking to John about having him finish the car while I'm overseas in HK. 3 weeks until I'm off to HK!

NickDromez

that is an epic build right there. but what in the world were u thinking with twisting your spark plug wires like that??

BPU925

that is one nasty car.....love to see that on the street....lol

GSX_TC

I would love to see a vid of it on the dyno and track

Galantvr41062

There are videos from last year, making 650awhp on E85 with 38psi, and the 10.06@148mph at the track, second run ever for the new setup.

click Dyno run

click Fastest pass at the track.

Here is a link to the build threads, and my facebook page:

click Build threads

click Facebook

~John

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned