The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

galant ac

luis84one

What cars share the same ac components as our vr4's.. I know that the 1g's have a different compressor.. do the hyundai's use the same compressors as we do? I'm also looking to get an ac pulley at a junkyard so what kind of cars should i be looking for?

DR1665

I swear I installed a 2G DSM compressor on 464/1000. I had to re-install AC almost completely from scratch on that car. It blew 45°F at idle in 112°F Phoenix weather on R134a, by the way. Got me wondering if it might be possible to mod the AC systems on our cars. "Hey, man. Why is it snowing in your car?" :p

luis84one

well ive been doing some research.. i think im going to look into an electric ac compressor...i have some more research to do for now..

GSX_TC

An electric ac compressor? That would be interesting to see on a GVR4.

quato

I looked into that as well when I was doing the research for reinstalling a/c on #32. From what I read, the draw is too much for our alternator to handle and you have to upgrade to a much more heavy duty unit. Not worth the pain and $ imo.

luis84one

what about a saturn alternator? do you think that could handle the load... i even saw a thread of someone fabbing up a mount for a gm alternator on a 2g...

prove_it

Why mod something that is already fine. If your worried about power, then add 1 psi boost to compensate.

Pre 91 compressors are different I believe, however all you have to do is swap the bracket to make it work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned