The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel trim numbers way off car runs like crap

kerry92gvr4

So i just got a 95 eclipse gs automatic and it is running horrible. When you first start it in the morning it will barely idle and it will only rev to 1500- 2000 rpm. As it warms up you can rev it up higher and when its warmed all the way up it will go all the way to redline. I hooked up the scanner at my school and the fuel trims are way off (-18 to -24 ) no cel at all idles like crap, bad gas mileage. Need help thank you

kerry92gvr4

well yeah i figured that but i am trying to see why it is? what is causing it? the o2 was cycling like it should. i have not checked fuel pressure yet.

ktmrider

Also check what the ECU coolant temp is reading, should be ambient or near.
When the go bad ( like reading -40 or the like ) you get a ton of extra fuel.

kerry92gvr4

do you know were it is on a 420a? i have never messed with them. this is my first na dsm

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned