The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Tank

gvr4ever

I wish you luck on your quest. The Galant VR4 has a specific fuel tank. You might need to go fuel cell. If I ever needed a fuel tank, I think that is where I would go.

CharvelGrinder

I wish you luck on your quest. The Galant VR4 has a specific fuel tank. You might need to go fuel cell. If I ever needed a fuel tank, I think that is where I would go.
I appreciate it. I was hoping for a rare chance to source one as I’m trying to keep it as original as I can during my rebuild. If it was rusted back there I wouldn’t hesitate. But as time goes on I may have to just go with the cell.

gvr4ever

I appreciate it. I was hoping for a rare chance to source one as I’m trying to keep it as original as I can during my rebuild. If it was rusted back there I wouldn’t hesitate. But as time goes on I may have to just go with the cell.
Maybe you can check the JDM market and Australia.. Who else got this gen GVR4? Are the fuel tanks the same?

I totally get wanting to keep it original, and fuel tanks for sale have come up, but I think it's been awhile.

CharvelGrinder

Maybe you can check the JDM market and Australia.. Who else got this gen GVR4? Are the fuel tanks the same?

I totally get wanting to keep it original, and fuel tanks for sale have come up, but I think it's been awhile.
I’ve been talking to a guy in England that receives shipments of a handful of JDM VR4s he parts out for whatever reason. Im just waiting for him to remove it and send me inspection pictures I requested. I think New Zealand got some of the VR4s? I think they are the same. I asked a buddy pretty fluent in these a few weeks ago. Still waiting for his information. Something will pop up between now and when I finish the motor build hopefully.

CharvelGrinder

Bump.

Found a few but no one really wants to ship. Most recent guy is hauling his to the scrap yard if he can’t find a local buyer.

gvr4ever

Check out https://www.roadie.com/personal or look at other 3rd party private shippers. UPS and FedEX likely won't allow anyone to ship a used fuel tank if you read the fine print.

The issue is size/bulk and a small amount of fuel in the tank. If roadie will allow a used lawnmower, I'd imagine a used fuel tank would be ok.

CharvelGrinder

Yeah I can see the hassle in that no doubt. I’ll just keep searching until I can find one within a decent driving distance or put a fuel cell in. Whichever comes first.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned