The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Tank Filler Neck

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting jepherz:
I just ordered two for my cars today through JNZ, so they have them.

Down to 14. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

324vr4

Not to sound more ignorant than I am, but what is so "special" about the filler necks...looking at it it seems it only a 2.5 foot hose with two clamps on it...or is it more that the ends are beveled/and formed?! I understand its a direct fit but if one could make one that looks/works the same wouldn't that be the best option?!

The neck (top half of the hose) has the fittings at the top where the hose at the gas station fits in. It also has a connection for the vapor line, so it would be difficult to make a good replacement. The lower section is basically just an elbow with clamps. The hardest part is that you need to find a hose material in that size that is fuel resistant, gasoline will quickly destroy standard radiator hose. An aluminum elbow with some silicone couplers as somebody else suggested would probably work for the lower hose. But if the OEM replacement is still available why not get one while you can and have something that fits perfect, doesn't require sourcing hose/fabricating, and will last for another 18 years?

jepherz

Staff member
From looking around locally, the typical generic fuel filler hose is very stout and would never form the bends on the OEM unit without collapsing and trying to run itself into the tire. I was going to use that hose with aluminum tubing, but by the time you factor in the welding cost of pie cutting or the cost of mandrel bent aluminum, you're at more than the OEM tubing. No reason it can't be done though.

324vr4

Simple answer to this than...go OEM when you have the chance on these weird consumable parts...thanks for the advice!

Romanova

Quoting jepherz:

How much?

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting Romanova:
Quoting jepherz:

How much?

$32.33 each.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting 324vr4:
they cost $60.90 plus shipping from JNZ

I think that's the metal filler neck, not the hose with clamps on it. Put MB678633 into their OEM parts search here.

Last edited:

324vr4

AWESOME...I was thinking JNZ's price for only for the rubber part and was having a difficult time understanding why they priced it that way...now I understand and will most likely be getting the piece I need...thanks again y'all

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts