The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Tank Filler Neck

324vr4

So I went outside and noticed a good amount of fuel under the rear of the car...looked underneath and thoyght just the hose clamp was loose but it seems not be that...examining the hose I noticed many cracks/fissures int he hose itself...where can one find such a hose...? I checked Rock Auto but no items were located...anyone have any other ideas to find one...there are no Galants in any junk yards where I am located so I cannot venture there...does it really matter if the hose was "meant" for the filler neck or could I assume just a random fuel grade hose would work?!

EMX5636

The OEM one is no longer available. I was going to have one made from aluminum and use silicone couplers at each end. Luckily though, I was able to get one of the last OEM's in the country so I'll be using that. I wouldn't use general radiator hose as a long term fix, but a local hydraulic shop will probably have something large enough that will take petroleum liquids.

Justin

324vr4

Thank Justin for the advice...It's a shame some parts are finally starting to disappear...however, I might look into fuel grade hose with couplers if nothing pops up...

...but a member on the forum has one available so that may be a better idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks everyone!

pachood_1953

I searched and searched for a new one, and finally stooped down to a used one..but found out Garfield Wright bought the last of them left in existance. I wound up buying one from him and now its a good paperweight til it warms up in wisconsin.

I would recommend Pm'ing him to see if he has any more.

I had/have the exact same problem as you...

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Have you guys tried JNZ? I got one from them few months ago.

324vr4

I will try and locate one...I have access to a member's but would like other options before my wallet becomes thinner...will let you know the status of the search...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Mitsubishi has them in stock.

MB678633.

fivestardsm

Would a DSM's work? I know that the gas tanks are very similar between them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
I do know that the FWD dsm filler hose works on the FWD galant's, so you never know.

I checked on the oem filler's and I found one in New Jersy for $41.72

Steve.

Gimpin

I bought one from JNZ not too long ago ... also a temporary fix I did was pull it off and swap it end for end to the cracks are at the top ... obvously not a permanent solution and it doesnt fit perfect but worked untill I got my new one from JNZ

324vr4

Nice calls on remedies...wasn't certain that they were available any longer but there are some options ahead of me...thanks guys!

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting fivestardsm:
Would a DSM's work? I know that the gas tanks are very similar between them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
I do know that the FWD dsm filler hose works on the FWD galant's, so you never know.
Steve.

The dsm will not work, and even if it did why bother??!! The gvr4 works and its available. Why spend the $41.71 in Jersey when JNZ has it cheaper and at the same time you support a DSM vendor. I don't understand why people make it harder than it is and post so much bad info (like the guys saying its no longer available /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif )

324vr4

Well, actually JNZ has them for just over $60 plus shipping...

I'm all about helping the DSM community but I'm certain I can make one that will do very well for much less than $50...

Thank you for your advice and pictures will be posted upon completion...

Last edited:

fivestardsm

"Why spend the $41.71 in Jersey"

The one that is in Jersey, is at the main Mitsu parts warehouse. In otherwords, if you call your local Mitsu dealer to order one, that is the one that you are going to get. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

fivestardsm

Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:
Quoting fivestardsm:
Steve.

The dsm will not work, and even if it did why bother??!! The gvr4 works and its available. Why spend the $41.71 in Jersey when JNZ has it cheaper and at the same time you support a DSM vendor. I don't understand why people make it harder than it is and post so much bad info (like the guys saying its no longer available /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif )

And also as for the "why bother" comment, it was because if they did fit, I would send him one for the cost of shipping.. Just trying to help another member, like so many of the members have helped me.

pachood_1953

Quoting iceman69510:

MB678633.

According to JNZ they are NLA.

I tried ordering one about a month ago.

My email from jnz was:
" Hi Stephan, I inquired with Mitsubishi on this product for you. It is unfortunately no longer available to be ordered. "

Last edited:

There are two pieces to the fuel filler hose which may be causing some confusion here. The top section which bolts to the car body is MB678630 and is specifically called the "neck." Then there is a lower elbow type of hose which connects this neck to the fuel tank itself. The lower section is MB678633. They both come up on JNZ's website, but its quite possible that one is NLA and the other is still available.

89-92 Galant GSX uses the same part numbers, if that's any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

fivestardsm

I used the same part # also. I think I'm going to call them tomorrow and make sure just because I want to know if he was not looking correctly.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting pachood_1953:
Quoting iceman69510:

MB678633.

My email from jnz was:
" Hi Stephan, I inquired with Mitsubishi on this product for you. It is unfortunately no longer available to be ordered. "

I checked the inventory today, and it showed 16 in country. When I bought one last summer there were only two, so I think they may be catching on that the time has come for this part to expire and demand may justify continuing to carry it.

EMX5636

Quoting iceman69510:
Quoting pachood_1953:
Quoting iceman69510:

MB678633.

My email from jnz was:

I checked the inventory today, and it showed 16 in country. When I bought one last summer there were only two, so I think they may be catching on that the time has come for this part to expire and demand may justify continuing to carry it.

This must be the case, because when I ordered mine, there was only 1 or two left in the country... There must be a few filtering in/around that weren't in inventory until people started asking about them. Sorry for bad info if that's the case.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned