The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Pump Nightmare (pics)

Hey thanks a lot!

I am done, everything is back in and I have to connect the battery and give it a shot. Is there anything else I have to do or it will prime itself after trying to start it a few times?

I am really happy with how it came out, thanks a ton for the help VRausch4.

Rausch

Quote:
I am really happy with how it came out, thanks a ton for the help VRausch4.

no problem. if you have a logger, you can turn the pump on by itself. if not, just crank it over a few times like stated above, and it should be good to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lol, the point I was making wasnt really the condition of the sending unit or pump. It was the incredibly horrible hack wiring job that was done. That was the cause of the gas smell in the car and the spilling problem when the tank was full.

I am about to go and start the car now, lol Im nervous.

Well goddamn it.
Damnit.jpg

Now what. It looks like I will have to replace the sender. Man what a let down.

I started it up and I was happy, went back to look and there was gas streaming down from under the car. I was praying it was just something that was not connected right and it turned out the pipe was cracked. sh*t!

Cool thanks Ziggy, I found a how to very similar to that last night and I have been going crazy trying to find it again.

I am going to call Mitsu tomorrow and get blown away by the price of a new sending unit, then I will get on the summit site and order those parts lol.

Rausch

aw, that sucks man...i was hoping all was well....you can mod it like the directions abouve, or if you order one from the dealer, they are quite pricey, and i think you have to get the stock pump with it as well. i don't remember if they are still available, so keep us posted. good luck!!

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif looks like this discussion cost me a new nickname... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif i liked being the 155mph member...

Lol, thats too bad man. How do those things change anyway, do the mods do it i guess?

Ugg, I was wondering if there was a chance they wouldnt even be able to get a new unit. I dont think it matters though, if I heard right they are almost $500 for the assembly with the pump attached (cant get it w/o a stock pump) and I dont think I can drop that cash atm.

I will keep you posted, I tried calling already but nothing is open yet. Also the only assembly that will work is for a VR4 or GSX? Or would a FWD galant have the same setup?

Lol, well Im not too optimistic that its the right part but I think they ordered me just the sender (local mitsu dealer). They said it should be here tomorrow.

The first thing he said was "ack" and my heart sank... said it was $610. But then he said wait thats the tank, pump, and sender. A second later he said "nice how does $63 sound". I was like hell yeah!

Man I hope thats the right part lol.

JB

any idea what the tank alone cost? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

steve

I hope thats the right part but I'll be very surprised!

Yeah same here Steve, the guy sounded pretty knowledgeable and understood what I was looking for, but still it sounds way too good to be true.

Sorry Joe, I dont know how much the tank was alone. Im guessing a couple hundred considering the # he gave me originally.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
It won't be. Probably the float arm assembly, as the only other component parts available are the gasket and the filter sock, neither of which should be anywhere close to that price.

Well we are right its not the correct part. I called him back and confirmed its just the float assembly for the fuel gauge. The whole pump assembly is the only way you can purchase this part.

Wow thats horrible. $610 is the number.

*edit: the part number is MB831333

Last edited by a moderator:

Rausch

+1 i believe you can remove the tube in question, and wld in a -6 an port to tie into the hard line, i think you need an elbow as well, but that would be it....was the link above what showed that?? i know you can only get the sending unit with the pump etc. i ran into the same issue, but was lucky enough to get a new SS unit from Dentsport. this was like 2 years ago though, i din't think they have them still...
sorry to hear, hope you can fix that guy...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned