The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: VR4 wire tuck engine harness **SOLD**

strokin4dr

First off, I want to say this harness is not for everybody. It is a one off piece that requires investing some time to install and set it up cleanly in the configuration that it was made for.

This harness is beneficial in a few ways compared to the stock harness routing.
It eliminates much of the clutter in the engine bay by routing down and out of sight in a more straight through fashion. As you can see in the pics, it enters the engine bay just to the right of the shifter cables.
This straight through route gives easy access to the wires on both sides of the firewall without the hassle of remove the glove box, ecu, etc.
It also allows for easily adding wires for sensors, gauges, etc without having wires ran all over the bay. You can wrap and new wires with expanding mesh loom, run it through the grommet and it will look just as tidy as the rest of the harness entering the bay.

The harness hugs close to the engine and will work with stock or aftermarket intake manifolds. It allows you to tuck most wires down and out of sight.
Even with the wires tucked away, each sensor has its own individual mesh loom which makes working on or tracing wires a piece of cake.

Some wires were removed from the harness for accessories that I was not using, These wires were depinned from the ecu plugs and the full length of wire was removed cleanly. They can be added back and others can be taken out very easily. I actually kept all the wire removed from this harness in case I wanted to add a sensor or accessory. All I would have to do is slip the pin back in the ecu plug and run the wire back through the grommet to the bay and to the new sensor. No cutting at the ecu, etc.

Wires removed are shown in red here (the timing and ignition ground wires were relocated to the passenger side interior near the ecu):

Pics of the harness wrapped in mesh cable sleeving.

This is where the harness enters the bay. Near the rear mount. Comes through a ~2" hole sealed be a grommet.

Here is a view from the drivers floorboard with the carpet pulled back. As you can see I also ran my starter power and ground wires through the grommet sive my underhood fuse boxes are in the glovebox.

As anyone who has ever tackled a project like this can tell you, There are MANY, MANY hours invested in this piece. This harness was picked from an unmolested, all original, 90k mile car. Not looking for any offers on this. Price is $700.
If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.
Please do not clutter up this thread with unnecessary comments. Thanks.

Last edited:

bmxr152

do you have any pictures of the engine bay with the harness installed? im pretty interested

CutlassJim

This guy isn't lying when he says he has a lot of time into this. I have like 12 hours into just depinning the interior harness eliminating AC/ABS/Power belts.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

Quoting bmxr152:
do you have any pictures of the engine bay with the harness installed? im pretty interested

I will look through some pics when I get home. I may have a couple.
The only connectors you could see with my routing were the tps and cas!

Quoting CutlassJim:
This guy isn't lying when he says he has a lot of time into this. I have like 12 hours into just depinning the interior harness eliminating AC/ABS/Power belts.

For sure. I also depinned my interior harness the same way as well as the main fuse box harness. WAY too much time invested!

strokin4dr

Still here.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

So when you say it requires time to install and setup, is there anything stopping it from basically just being installed into the car and working? Also if we wanted a few accessories to be added on, would you add them onto the harness before selling it?

strokin4dr

PM'd

strokin4dr

I've had some interest but no takers yet.

strokin4dr

SOLD

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned