The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Throttle body shaft seals and TB base gaskets

4nmscle

I can garuntee there is someone out there that doesn't even know that their throttle body seals are leaking. I have seen this on every DSM/VR4 that I have ever bought. Here is a cheap and easy solution. Mil Spec offers throttle body shaft seal replacements. I am offereing to you guys the throttle body shaft seals and base gaskets for $33 shipped. It really is not that hard to replace the seals, but if you do not feel comfortable in doing so I may be willing to offer a service as well. If I do offer the service I would be replacing the plate screws as well as the tps screws along with cleaning. Add-ons would be available as well such as the JMF FIAV block off or the FIAV bypass plate (which allows you to keep the ISC). Let me know what you guys think about the whole service idea as well.

milspec_evo_throttle_body_shaft_seals.png

Last edited:

desant78

I like the gasket idea..but it seems like people on here tend to be a DIY crowd IMO so maybe no one would bite on service. I know a good "how to" article would definitely be appreciated and might encourage people to buy the parts after seeing how easy the job is.

Last edited:

4nmscle

I completely agree. That is the reason I love VR4 owners and have owned a few. We love to DIY. Some people do what they feel comfortable and will ask for help if needed. I will throw up a how to article once I catch up on work and start pulling apart the Talon.

rustednut00

I can garuntee there is someone out there that doesn't even know that their throttle body seals are leaking. I have seen this on every DSM/VR4 that I have ever bought. Here is a cheap and easy solution. Mil Spec offers throttle body shaft seal replacements. I am offereing to you guys the throttle body shaft seals and base gaskets for $33 shipped. It really is not that hard to replace the seals, but if you do not feel comfortable in doing so I may be willing to offer a service as well. If I do offer the service I would be replacing the plate screws as well as the tps screws along with cleaning. Add-ons would be available as well such as the JMF FIAV block off or the FIAV bypass plate (which allows you to keep the ISC). Let me know what you guys think about the whole service idea as well.

milspec_evo_throttle_body_shaft_seals.png
Hello, are these still available?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned