The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Niles, MI Clean Roller $2700 firm - Will Deliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rausch

Quoting atc250r:
It sucks that you're so far away. I'd have to seriously consider it.

I have a spot for you if you want to make the trip. Place to crash... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Thanks for the offer Aaron. You're actually about 100 miles past half way. It looks like its 700 miles from door to door, that'd mean 350 miles each. I could easily do 700 round trip in one day, just ask Steve about where we went to get my GVR4 when I bought it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Josh,

If you want to snap some pics of the bottoms of the doors (where they always rust), the fuel sender through the access hole in the trunk, and of the general condition of the underside that'd be cool but I don't know what I'm going to do next. I'm going to try to get a buddy of mine who's been a body man for 20+ years to see what he thinks about my frame rot tonight. If he thinks its fixable and won't cost too much I think I might go that route rather than take all of the stuff out of my car just to put it into another one but then I'll still have rust on the bottoms of my doors and probably some other body panels that are covered by the body cladding. Can you PM me the VIN for a CarFax? Again, I don't want to get your hopes up, I was all set to part mine out and buy an Ebo last week until I thought long and hard about the amount of work I had into mine. The good thing with yours is that you already have the 4 bolt and 5 lug swap done so I wouldn't have to fool with that although I'd probably grab my subframe because it has all the arms done with urethane bushings. BTW, I've got a trailer and truck so that's not an issue. We'll just have to either swap wheels in the parking lot or you'll have to give me a set of spares, I wouldn't want the wheels but I'm still undecided about the suspension since I could use a newer set of AGX's, mine are getting pretty rough and I think one of the rear adjusters is stuck. One last thing. You stated its a "southern car", where was it from and were you the one to bring it up north?

John

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

John, I'll pm you the VIN for carfax, i ran one on it a while back but i dont think i have it anymore, regardless...

The doors are clean at the bottoms, i'll snap pics, the fuel tank and fuel pump assembly is clean and the walbro took me all of 6 minutes to install, since as i said, it was clean in there, the underbody is rust free but may need to be cleaned off as there was a power steering issue when the car was first up and running (switched to 2g pump, forgot to tighten a line, drove for a while with fluid spraying out onto the underbody). Friends of mine usually sh*t themselves when they see my car, i know it's not 100% immaculate but for an 18 year old car, it's CLEAN.

I brought this car up from st. louis something like 5 years ago, a little history on it; a couple of mitsu guys down there snatched this car up from one of the guys dad's, threw a turbo on the stock nonturbo 4g63 engine and modified the stock engine harness for a turbo ecu, they ran it with the stock engine/drivetrain with the turbo componenets in place and eventually blew the transmission.

Rather than finding a new GGSX trans they were going to just completely convert it to VR4, then they lost interest and started doing some 4G63 colts and so the car sat in their garage for quite a while, at some point i think the stock hood came up because the windshield is cracked and there was a tiny indent in the roof (which usually happens when a hood comes open at a slow speed) i didnt get the stock hood with the car so the hood on the car is a freshly painted (top and bottom) rust free hood.

Oh and I have no problem with a 700 mile round trip and im pretty sure i have some spares, i even have a light weight (aluminum) enkei spare, if you're interested in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif i drove to PA and back in 26.5 hours one long day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Sounds good. A couple of more questions then. Was the whole car painted at some point or is it the original paint? Is there still a dent on the roof? If there is please snap a pic of that while you're at it.

Thanks.

John

IncorpoRatedX

The whole car has never never been painted, I've put a lot of time into restoring the factory paint.

the panels that have been sprayed are the hood and front bumper.

I'll snap a picture of whats left of the indent on the roof, i wouldnt call it a dent because there's no impact marks and no creased metal, it was just like a... dimple? i dont know how to phrase it, but it was minimal at most. Like I said, I'll just shoot a bunch of pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Cool. I'm anxiously awaiting the pics and VIN.

John

IncorpoRatedX

I should be home around 11PM

God I hate having morning classes, then work, then night classes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

atc250r

Staff member
No biggie. I can wait until Wednesday for the pics if that's when you'll have time to snap them and I'll get the VIN in the morning since I'll probably be asleep by 11pm.

John

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting Alpha Male:
.......because the windshield is cracked

Is it still cracked? If so definitely get me a pic of that.

John

IncorpoRatedX

Yup, still cracked, it's visible in this picture (lower 1/4 of the window) but i'll get another picture of it specifically.

100_5225.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

YGPM John.

IncorpoRatedX

Another PM Coming your way John.

IncorpoRatedX

Well, car is basically sold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif I'll be happy to see it up and running though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned