The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Keydiver/ DSMchips chip 660cc • MAFT • 93oct • etc

mikus

I pulled this chip from a running vehicle - no paperwork, only the chip tag for identification. dsmchips.com isn't taking new customers, you'll see less of these chips around. Cheap option to vent to atmosphere when paired with MAFT setup.

Not sure what the market is and I'm in no rush. let's say $60 shipped?

- 75/55 rev limit and NLTS limit
- AWD
- 11:1 WOT a/f
- Knocksum (where your dash faux-boost gauge displays knock counts)
- 660cc injector
- MAFT (i will have a maft available soon if you want a package deal)
- 93oct, Californians go home

Below is pic, and, an EXAMPLE of paperwork so you know how I interpreted the tag. This is not the paperwork for this very chip!

91GVR4#479

I know that is probably none of my business, but Jeff (keydiver) has been a valuable member of this forum for many years. His site states very clearly that these chips are intended for the original owner only and not to be resold. I know it looks like I'm crapping on your for-sale thread, and maybe I am, but Jeff has helped me out and so many other VR4 owners and his wishes should be respected. I don't mean to offend you personally and please don't take this personally. I'll just assume that you didn't know that these chips are not supposed to be resold. Respectfully submitted.

turbowop

I agree. I have about six of these things rattling around in a padded envelope in my glove box. I'm not selling them out of respect for Jeff.

mikus

OK I get this, but, we're in a different situation - he's not taking new customers, he hasn't been here in over 6 months, or t00ners for more than a couple posts. It's not impacting him anymore no?

If someone's heard him restate this position in the last few months, let me know and I'll pull the ad. Otherwise I'll ask him for an update and go from there. It's not teh money so much as why let it sit if someone can use it?

EDIT: I just shot Jeff the question, will post an update.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Jeff has helped me out of a jam when i bought a used chip before, I did sell mine after I bought ECMlink, The thing is, if he doesnt make new ones, help someone out if you can. Jeff helps out the original purchaser of the chip with retunes and ect. but i see it as if you buy it used, buy it knowing you are not able to retune or do anything through jeffs website. I know of a local here in the Bay Area who make chips as well.
-Shane

belize1334

Actually, if you read his upgrade policy, he doesn't say that you can't sell the chip. He says that the "membership" is non-transferable by sale of the chip. That is, you are allowed to sell the chip but the customer support that he provides is intended for the original customer so having purchased the chip you are not entitled to that support. And obviously it goes without saying that if you do sell your chip you aren't entitled to any more upgrades. Personally I would never sell mine but if you go by the letter it's not against the product agreement.

click

Last edited:

mikus

^ I'd keep this one but it's not even burned for the same hardware that's on this car!

Seriously guys, I get it, I've bought from Jeff (chips and a car), every vr4 I've owned had his chips. I wouldn't be selling it if Jeff was still running shop, or if it was still the whole Lutz/TMO drama, but neither is the case. It's his call, watch this space.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned