The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Hood Struts GVR4

bobdole

all Hood struts have shipped. We still have some available.

cheekychimp

Quoting stealthtt24:
Just got these installed, love em! Here are a few pics.... don't mind the engine bay that needs to be pressure washed. Also I noticed my brackets needed to be angled to fit. Not sure if anyone else had that issue...

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

"stealthtt24" I seem to remember when I fitted my struts that the instructions do state you should fit the struts the way you have them (i.e. with the piston attached to the fender and the cylinder/strut attached to the hood).

That said ...

If you look at the pictures below you can see that Terry fitted these with the struts reversed which gives much more clearance and allows that bracket to sit straight. This was exactly how I ended up doing this, because I couldn't get my hood to close properly with the struts mounted the way you have them. The thicker part would touch the top fender mounting bolt on my car causing the hood to start to 'bow' as it closed.

In my opinion the way Terry did this is best since the angled part of the bracket with the ball rests on the shoulder of the OEM hinge, preventing it from rotating out of place and placing strain on the joint. Ideally I would have liked to have seen these brackets attach to both the hood bolts so that they were held in place and could not rotate but I suspect that they were designed this way so that they could be fitted without loosening the hood completely and messing up the alignment ... coz then G would get on our cases /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

prove_it

Not sure why, but I was able to install mine straight with the strut body on the hood.

Dasith

got mine, installed with out a hitch and im happy with... great product...

supa_saloon

sorry, i got a bit lazy reading...

anyone tried installing these in the trunk?

pics anyone?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bobdole

These are available to ship asap. Click the link on the first post to order. I will ship them out asap.

Charles

Thanks for the info...I will get them as soon as i get paid!!!! will definitely need these! it will be easier than propping the shaft

bobdole

bump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sy1100

I got mine installed on 927, mine was missing a hood bolt so I just reused the factory hood bolts. Everything works great first mod Ive done, with many more to go..

bobdole

Weekly bump

Charles

holeshotmoe

Those look awesome! I'm hoping it will minimize the risk of slamming my head on the corner of the hood (again) by lifting it a little bit higher. If you have a set now, I'll take one.
Ha, without the hood prop my only wonder is what I'm going to hook my power steering pump on when I change alternators /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Last edited:

holshotmoe...look on the first page of this thread there is a click here link under the pictures you can buy them there directly

bobdole

Quoting holeshotmoe:
Those look awesome! I'm hoping it will minimize the risk of slamming my head on the corner of the hood (again) by lifting it a little bit higher. If you have a set now, I'll take one.
Ha, without the hood prop my only wonder is what I'm going to hook my power steering pump on when I change alternators /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yep check the first post. There is a link to order. I will ship them out asap.

Charles

mitsuturbo

I have to admit, i was critical of these until i saw so many people have installed and loved them. I've just ordered a set and can't wait to see them here. I hate the hood prop. It's always in the way of everything. Being able to put the hood up higher is definitely a bonus as well!

bobdole

Shipping today thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charles

bobdole

Weekly bump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bobdole

Weekly bump.

bobdole

Stil got them guys. We won't be doing these again. So order now if you want them.

Charles

bobdole

Weekly bump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charles

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned